Fast forward/rewind/seek with D-Link, Hauppauge

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by lcc, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. lcc

    lcc Guest

    While I had some success with it, I finally gave up on my Hauppauge
    MediaMVP when they were unwilling to provide fast forward/rewind/seek
    when playing music files.

    I then bought a D-Link MediaLounge DSM-320, a far better device, and
    while they at least offer fast forward/rewind/seek, it has serious
    problems including crashing the software.

    I have a hard time believing that the reviewers of these devices could
    have missed such a basic feature. Who would buy an MP3 player if you
    couldn't skip over part of a song you didn't like, or go back to hear
    a section you missed? Let alone if it's a one hour documentary.

    Hauppauge's response seemed to be that this was not a priority for
    them. D-Link says they are aware of the problem and to wait for the
    next update, but the last update was about a year ago and they have no
    indication of timing.

    Am I really the only one that uses this capability?

    Les

    Why Buy Checks Anywhere Else?
    > Most orders ship in 1 day > Save 25% - 75%
    > Premium quality, loaded with security features

    ASAP Checks, Forms & Supplies
    http://www.asapchecks.com (888) 85-CHECK
    lcc, Jun 24, 2007