    ....do these super fan cooled chargers (Ansmann) shorten the life of
    the batteries by charging so quick - or would a 2 to 3 hour charger
    (I've got 2200/2300's) be better for prolonged battery life ????

    advid, Sep 19, 2003

  2. advid

    CNT Guest

    General, slow chargers are better for the batteries. Same goes for cordless
    power tool batteries. Some have fast charging until 90% then slow for the
    remaining 10%, I think those would be ok? Also, when a battery is fully
    charged, then you put it in storage (or back in the camera) and not use it
    for however long, the "hold charge" drops.

    Chuck

    CNT, Sep 22, 2003

  3. advid

    Stewy Guest

    "advid" <> wrote in message
    > ...do these super fan cooled chargers (Ansmann) shorten the life of
    > the batteries by charging so quick - or would a 2 to 3 hour charger
    > (I've got 2200/2300's) be better for prolonged battery life ????

    The latest Panasonic chargers will charge 2 x 2100 NiMH AA's in 64 minutes,
    4 in 140 minutes. They claim charging this way will not affect the 500
    charge average. If that's not fast enough, I suggest you plan ahead and keep
    a number of batteries topped up all the time.

    Stewy, Sep 23, 2003