    have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
    or leads appreciated.

    Thanks

    zuuum, Aug 10, 2004

  2. zuuum

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use of
    layers.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 10, 2004

  3. zuuum

    zuuum Guest

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

    of
    > layers.

    Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
    question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
    reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
    300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
    am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

    zuuum, Aug 10, 2004
  4. my printer driver software does this....HP 722c....are you sure yours does
    not?
    Might be part of WinXP. Photoshop has the thumbnailing....bit more haste and
    hard to size.

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 10, 2004
  5. "zuuum" <> writes:

    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > You can do it in Photoshop or any other image editor that allows the use

    > of
    > > layers.
    > >

    > Manually opening and combining 350 files in groups of 4 is out of the
    > question with the deadline. I need something that will batch the process,
    > reading 4 at a time from a directory until they have all been output as
    > 300dpi, 8.5x11"files. All the files are landscape mode. The output files I
    > am hoping to burn to cd for printing.

    It is not free, but I recall the price was fairly cheap (and there is a free
    trial period, but I don't think you can do all 350 files in one shot without
    buying the license), but I believe Qimage does this:

    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

    Note, I don't use Qimage myself since I normally use Linux instead of Windows,
    but a lot of people like it. Under Linux, I would use ImageMagick's montage
    command. ImageMagick is free software, and its web site is (a Windows port
    should be available):

    http://www.imagemagick.org/

    I would use the command (in command line mode):

    montage -tile 2x2 -geometry 1600x1200 -bordercolor black -borderwidth 10 /input/*.jpg /output/foo.jpg

    Where /input is the input directory with the 350 files, and /output is where
    you want the outputs. Montage will make foo.jpg.1, foo.jpg.2, etc. You may
    have to rename these later if windows needs the .jpg extension. You might have
    to break up the files to a smaller number if 350 files is too large for your
    command line interpreter.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 10, 2004
  6. zuuum

    Blade Runner Guest

    This could be late.
    The software comes with Canon i560 can do what you want.
    The honest way is to buy a i560 and use it.
    The other way is to return it back to Walmart/Target/Fry's and FORGOT to
    uninstall the software.
    You can also search Canon web site to see if you can download it for FREE.

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:59:28 GMT, "zuuum" <> wrote:

    =>Looking for a freeware program or plug-in to print 4 photos 3.5x5" in
    =>landscape on 8.5x11 sheets. BUT the 4 photos are all different files. I
    =>have about 350 of these things to spit out in the next few hours. Any help
    =>or leads appreciated.
    =>
    =>Thanks
    =>