FARGO Quiz.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Scot Gardner, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    about the movie:

    1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
    Grimsrud?

    2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

    3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

    4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
    on his cars?

    5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
    Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
    broke into her house?

    6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
    the outskirts of Brainerd?

    7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

    8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
    scene?

    9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

    10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
    police station?

    11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
    joint out on Interstate 35?

    12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
    about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

    13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
    Minneapolis?

    14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

    15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
    whore from the escort service?

    16. What was Marg's maiden name?

    17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
    Lundegaard?

    18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
    left the hotel in Minneapolis?

    19. Where was Jerry captured?

    20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
    mallard painting?

    21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

    Scot Gardner, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Scot Gardner

    Phil7101 Guest

    >Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    >about the movie:

    Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.

    >1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
    >Grimsrud?

    The four of clubs? Something to do with clubs or cards, I know...

    >2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

    Scotty

    >3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

    Sierras

    >4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
    >on his cars?

    $300,000

    >5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
    >Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
    >broke into her house?

    Damn now it's getting obscure

    >6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
    >the outskirts of Brainerd?

    Paul Bunyan

    >7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

    painting

    >8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
    >scene?

    no idea

    >9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

    It's a poster of some guy playing an accordion

    >10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
    >police station?

    Arbys

    >11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
    >joint out on Interstate 35?

    The Blue Ox

    >12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
    >about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

    dunno

    >13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
    >Minneapolis?

    Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that

    >14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

    Oh jeez...I dunno

    >15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
    >whore from the escort service?

    Jose Feliciano

    >16. What was Marg's maiden name?

    Olmstead

    >17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
    >Lundegaard?

    over by Moose Lake

    >18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
    >left the hotel in Minneapolis?

    err...a woman, old school friend

    >19. Where was Jerry captured?

    in a motel in Bismarck

    >20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
    >mallard painting?

    3 cents

    >21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

    Lessee...first up is the cop who pulls over Carl and Gaear (what kind of name
    is that anyway), then Grimsrud kills the two passers-by, then later Carl kills
    Jerry's dad, and the parking attendant, Gaear kills Carl and Jean. I count 7.

    Phil7101, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Scot Gardner

    Ray Tracer Guest

    in article 20030930011440.533$, Scot Gardner at
    thus spake on 9/30/03 12:14 AM:

    > Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    > about the movie:

    [questions snipped]

    Saayyyyyyyyyy....isn't this the quiz you need to complete for entry into a
    giveaway of the Fargo disc?

    ;-)

    Neal

    Ray Tracer, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Scot Gardner

    Zimmy Guest

    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    > Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.
    > >13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
    > >Minneapolis?

    > Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that

    One of my favorite quotes...

    Ummm, It's a Radisson, so , yeah, it's pretty good.

    (Which I probably butchered).

    Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch for?
    He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems like Steve
    Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to Jerry at the
    beginning).

    Zimmy, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Scot Gardner

    Phil7101 Guest

    >Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch for?
    >He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems like Steve
    >Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to Jerry at the
    >beginning).

    Yeah this is something of a plot hole. Proudfoot says "I vouched for Grimsrud"
    and when Jerry tells him about Carl, he says "Don't know him, don't vouch for
    him". Yet later on in the movie when Proudfoot kicks Carl's ass, they know each
    other's names, and Proudfoot seemed to know exactly where to find him. Unless
    Proudfoot was lying to Jerry about knowing Carl...but then again he'll happily
    associate with a near mute sociopath

    Phil7101, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message
    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message

    >Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    >about the movie:

    <<Ooh OK I'm game, haven't seen it in a few months but here goes.>>

    You did very well, considering that you haven't seen the movie in a
    while. Here are the answers:

    >1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and
    >Gaear Grimsrud?

    <<The four of clubs? Something to do with clubs or cards, I know...>>

    1. The King of Clubs.

    >2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

    <<Scotty>>

    Correct.

    >3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

    Sierras

    <<3. Oldsmobile.>>

    >4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry
    >on his cars?

    <<$300,000>>

    Very close:

    4. $320, 000.

    >5. What were the names of the two people on the television show
    >that Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and
    >Gaear Grimsrud broke into her house?

    <<Damn now it's getting obscure>>

    5.Katie and Dale.

    >6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road
    >on the outskirts of Brainerd?

    <<Paul Bunyan>>

    Correct.

    >7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

    <<painting>>

    Correct.

    >8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first
    >crime scene?

    <<no idea>>

    8. Lou.

    >9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

    <<It's a poster of some guy playing an accordion>>

    I'll give you full credit for this one:

    9. An Accordion King poster.

    >10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge
    >at the police station?

    <<Arbys>>

    Correct.

    >11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a
    >trucker's joint out on Interstate 35?

    <<The Blue Ox>>

    Correct.

    >12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two
    >girls about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

    <<dunno>>

    12. Lakeside Club.

    >13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for
    >lunch in Minneapolis?

    <<Bannigans or Hennigans, something like that>>

    13. The Radisson.

    >14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

    <<Oh jeez...I dunno>>

    14. 1425 Freemont Terrace.

    >15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl
    >took the whore from the escort service?

    <<Jose Feliciano>>

    Correct.

    >16. What was Marg's maiden name?

    <<Olmstead>>

    Correct.

    >17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took
    >Mrs. Lundegaard?

    <<over by Moose Lake>>

    Correct.

    >18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before
    >she left the hotel in Minneapolis?

    <<err...a woman, old school friend>>

    Correct.

    18. Valerie.

    >19. Where was Jerry captured?

    <<in a motel in Bismarck>>

    Correct.

    >20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature
    >Norm's mallard painting?

    <<3 cents>>

    Correct.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    >Now something that always bothered me, who did Proudfoot vouch
    >for? He says he vouches for the Peter Stormare character but it seems
    >like Steve Buscemi is leading the caper (he is the one who talks to
    >Jerry at the beginning).

    <<Yeah this is something of a plot hole. Proudfoot says "I vouched for
    Grimsrud" and when Jerry tells him about Carl, he says "Don't know him,
    don't vouch for him". Yet later on in the movie when Proudfoot kicks
    Carl's ass, they know each other's names, and Proudfoot seemed to know
    exactly where to find him. Unless Proudfoot was lying to Jerry about
    knowing Carl...but then again he'll happily associate with a near mute
    sociopath.>>

    Yeah, and at The King of Clubs, Jerry is looking at Carl Shwoalter when
    he says, "Shep vouched for you and all. I've got every confidence in you
    fellows." Of course, he could have been using the collective "you" when
    he was speaking to Carl.

    The only other thing that I can think of is that it was Carl who made
    the phone call from the Blue Ox to Shep. And that could have been when
    they got aquatinted, but Shep still didn't "know" Carl and wouldn't
    vouch for him. However, that still doesn't explain how Carl ended up in
    Shep's apartment.

    The call to Minneapolis from the lobby phone at the Blue Ox was what let
    Marge directly to Jerry and allowed her to crack the case. She summed
    this up during her last visit to Jerry's office:

    "Because, see, the crime I'm investigating... the perpetrators were
    driving a car with dealer plates and they called someone who works here.
    So it'd be quite a coincidence if they weren't, you know, connected."

    I was hoping that there would be some deleted scenes on the Special
    Edition, but there don't appear to be any. Maybe some of the plot holes
    will be filled in by the pop ups or in the commentaries.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 1, 2003
  8. Scot Gardner

    Michael Guest

    And for the car: How would you describe the appearance of Carl Shwoalter?

    Michael, Oct 1, 2003
  9. Scot Gardner

    Dunf Guest

    > Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    > about the movie:
    >
    > 1. What was the name of the bar where Jerry met Carl Shwoalter and Gaear
    > Grimsrud?
    >
    > 2. What was the name of Jerry's son?

    Scotty

    > 3. What brand of cars did Jerry sell?

    GM's

    > 4. How much money did GMAC finance officer Reilly Diefenbach loan Jerry

    $300K
    > on his cars?
    >
    > 5. What were the names of the two people on the television show that
    > Jean Lundegaard was watching when Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud
    > broke into her house?

    Katty & Brian

    > 6. What famous character was depicted in the statue beside the road on
    > the outskirts of Brainerd?

    Paul Bunyon

    > 7. Besides fishing, what other hobby did Marge's husband Norm have?

    Bird drawing

    > 8. What was the name of the officer who greeted Marge at the first crime
    > scene?

    Lou

    > 9. What was on the back of Scotty's bedroom door?

    Polka King

    > 10. Where did Norm purchase the lunch that he brought to Marge at the
    > police station?

    Arby's

    > 11. What was the name of the motel that Marge referred to as a trucker's
    > joint out on Interstate 35?

    Lakeside Resort

    > 12. What was the name of the bar where Marge questioned the two girls
    > about Carl Shwoalter and Gaear Grimsrud?

    Lakeside Resort

    > 13. In what hotel restaurant did Marge meet Mike Yanagita for lunch in
    > Minneapolis?

    Raddison

    > 14. What was Shep Proudfoot's address?

    Shit, I know this one..

    > 15. Who was performing at the Carlton Celebrity Room where Carl took the
    > whore from the escort service?

    Jose Filiciano

    > 16. What was Marg's maiden name?

    Owenstead

    > 17. What was the location of the cabin where Carl and Gaear took Mrs.
    > Lundegaard?

    Near Jerry's loudmouth..

    > 18. Who was the person that Marge talked with on the phone before she
    > left the hotel in Minneapolis?
    >
    > 19. Where was Jerry captured?

    Ouside Bismark North Dakota

    > 20. What was the denomination of the stamp that would feature Norm's
    > mallard painting?

    The 3 cent stamp

    > 21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

    4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
    really)

    Dunf, Oct 1, 2003
  10. Scot Gardner

    Dunf Guest

    Re: FARGO Quiz._even tougher questions

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > And for the car: How would you describe the appearance of Carl Shwoalter?
    >
    > "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message
    > > Fargo fanatics will have no problem answering these basic questions
    > > about the movie:
    > > <snippage>

    Here is some more questions:

    1.What colour was the Sierra supposed to be based on the way Joel and Ethan
    wrote the original script?

    2.Which actress almost played Marge Gunderson on a TV version of Fargo?

    3. Which towns were the two girls from that had sex with Carl and Gaer?

    4. What does Marge call her police car?

    5. What restaurant does Scotty meet his friends at?

    6. Which leg & foot is the last ,(one could assume that) body part of the
    late Carl Showalter that Gaer Grimsford passes through the wood chipper?

    7. How much does the parking attendant want from Carl for "not parking"?

    8. What song is playing in the background at the bar where Jerry meets Carl
    and Gaer?

    9. How much did Jerry's customer think he was supposed to pay for his Olds
    Cutlass Sierra?

    10. How much does Jerry knock off the price of the car?

    11. What does it say on the liscense plate of the cop car that follows
    Marge's car as she takes in her prisoner, Gaer Grimsford?

    12. How does Jerry offer to deliver the GMAC serial number information to
    GMAC for verification?

    13. Is this a true story or not?

    Dunf, Oct 1, 2003
  11. Scot Gardner

    Phil7101 Guest

    >> 21. How many people were murdered in the movie?
    >
    >4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
    >really)

    Nah, Grimsrud shot her. He just says "Oh, she started shrieking" as an
    explanation, but when it shows her lying on the floor you can see blood
    splatter on the wall behind her.

    Phil7101, Oct 1, 2003
  12. Scot Gardner

    Phil7101 Guest

    Re: FARGO Quiz._even tougher questions

    >Here is some more questions:
    >
    >1.What colour was the Sierra supposed to be based on the way Joel and Ethan
    >wrote the original script?

    Hmm well in the movie it was "tan"

    >2.Which actress almost played Marge Gunderson on a TV version of Fargo?

    Edie Falco

    >3. Which towns were the two girls from that had sex with Carl and Gaer?

    Moorhead? Er..."Go Bears?"

    >4. What does Marge call her police car?

    Prowler

    >5. What restaurant does Scotty meet his friends at?

    McDonalds

    >6. Which leg & foot is the last ,(one could assume that) body part of the
    >late Carl Showalter that Gaer Grimsford passes through the wood chipper?

    left

    >7. How much does the parking attendant want from Carl for "not parking"?

    $4 (Big fucking man with your clip-on tie! These are the limits of your life,
    man.)

    >8. What song is playing in the background at the bar where Jerry meets Carl
    >and Gaer?

    It's a country song...

    >9. How much did Jerry's customer think he was supposed to pay for his Olds
    >Cutlass Sierra?

    19500

    >10. How much does Jerry knock off the price of the car?

    $100 (You are a liar, Mr. Lundegaard, a...FUCKING liar!)

    >11. What does it say on the liscense plate of the cop car that follows
    >Marge's car as she takes in her prisoner, Gaer Grimsford?

    no idea

    >12. How does Jerry offer to deliver the GMAC serial number information to
    >GMAC for verification?

    He says he'll fax them

    >13. Is this a true story or not?

    Not!

    Phil7101, Oct 1, 2003
  13. Scot Gardner

    Zimmy Guest

    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    > >Here is some more questions:
    > >
    > >1.What colour was the Sierra supposed to be based on the way Joel and

    Ethan
    > >wrote the original script?

    > Hmm well in the movie it was "tan"

    More specifically in the movie, Burnt Umber.

    Zimmy, Oct 1, 2003
  14. Scot Gardner

    Zimmy Guest

    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    > >> 21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

    > >4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
    > >really)

    > Nah, Grimsrud shot her. He just says "Oh, she started shrieking" as an
    > explanation, but when it shows her lying on the floor you can see blood
    > splatter on the wall behind her.

    Another thing I picked up watching it again last night, when Steve Buscemi
    is smacking the TV in the cabin, what is Peter Stormare staring at with evil
    in his eyes? They keep getting closer to the TV and Jerry's wife tied to
    the chair at the same time.

    That was my clue that he wanted to do kill her.

    Zimmy, Oct 1, 2003
  15. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:53:11 -0400, "Zimmy" <> wrote:

    >"Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
    >> >really)

    >> Nah, Grimsrud shot her. He just says "Oh, she started shrieking" as an
    >> explanation, but when it shows her lying on the floor you can see blood
    >> splatter on the wall behind her.

    >Another thing I picked up watching it again last night, when Steve Buscemi
    >is smacking the TV in the cabin, what is Peter Stormare staring at with evil
    >in his eyes? They keep getting closer to the TV and Jerry's wife tied to
    >the chair at the same time.
    >
    >That was my clue that he wanted to do kill her.

    Bruce Campbell in a soap

    H E Pennypacker, Oct 1, 2003
  16. Scot Gardner

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message

    > "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    > > >Here is some more questions:
    > > >
    > > >1.What colour was the Sierra supposed to be based on the way Joel and

    > Ethan
    > > >wrote the original script?

    > > Hmm well in the movie it was "tan"

    > More specifically in the movie, Burnt Umber.

    The answer according to the Coen brothers (as mentioned in the interview
    that is part of "Minnesota Nice") is blue. Willam Macy liked the sound of
    burnt umber and asked if he could switch the colour name, otherwise he would
    know not to change the words or adlib in a Coen bros movie. Like for
    example, "where is pancakes house?" is said just as it is written in the
    script.

    Dunf, Oct 8, 2003
  17. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Dunf" <> wrote in message

    >21. How many people were murdered in the movie?

    <<4 + Jerry's wife who "shrieked and fell" (technically died on her own
    really)>>

    The cop who pulls over Carl and Gaear, then Grimsrud kills the two
    passers-by, then later Carl kills Jerry's father in law and the parking
    attendant, Gaear kills Carl and Jean.

    Total count 7.

    If you look at the stove behind Jerry's wife when she is lying on the
    floor, you can see blood all over it. It looks like Grimsrud shot her.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 9, 2003