    happen?

    P.S. I just getting this error on one end of E1 line

    Thanks.

    JC, Dec 1, 2004

  2. "JC" <> wrote in message
    news:-cable.com...
    > I am getting Far End Block Errors Detected when I issue the show
    > controller
    > E1 command, can anyone let me know what does it mean and why it would
    > happen?

    http://www.auditmypc.com/acronym/FEBE.asp

    FEBE is reported by the upstream end of the PHY (the wire between you and
    the switch) on the out-of-band management channel.

    This means the other end of the E1 received bad data from you. Could be
    anything. Line noise, corroded wires, nesting rats, sunspots.... Check
    with your telco. Usually physical layer related. Are you getting a few or
    a lot?

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 2, 2004