    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    http://msmvps.com/xpditif

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 14, 2005

  2. Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
    > of FC went smooth.
    > Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
    > impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed :)
    >
    > Cheers

    The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive. Isn't
    it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ? :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 14, 2005

  3. Wayne Wastier wrote:
    > Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> Far Cry x64 doesn't like Tiny Firewall.... Once TF removed, install
    >> of FC went smooth.
    >> Have a problem with my sound card now (SB Live!): noisy as
    >> impossible... Anyway, I'll succeed :)
    >>
    >> Cheers

    > The SBLive? There have been 3 new models come out since the SBLive.
    > Isn't it time to upgrade to the Audigy 2 ZS ? :)

    Yes, it is.... only small problem: my wife thinks it's not :)

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 14, 2005
  4. Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a difference
    anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.

    It's the same with graphic cards - if you don't need the extra power, why
    buy a Gefore6 if you are happy with your Geforce256 (1).

    Regards
    Markus (who owns a Audigy2 eX)

    Markus Eckelt, May 14, 2005
  5. No real need to upgrade it. However I too have this problem, and I have a
    feeling that it only happened after updating to the latest sblive drivers.
    Still, at least I was right with the Tiny firewall thing.

    Billie Volkova, May 14, 2005
  6. Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP) wrote:

    > Yes, it is.... only small problem: my wife thinks it's not :)

    Time to buy her some roses? LOL

    Wayne Wastier, May 14, 2005
  7. Markus Eckelt wrote:
    > Why? If the sound quality is sufficient and one doesn't hear a
    > difference anyways, I don't see ANY reason to upgrade.

    Why did you upgrade to a 64bit system when your 32bit one worked fine? :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 14, 2005
  8. Billie Volkova wrote:
    > No real need to upgrade it. However I too have this problem,

    And you wonder why? I don't have this problem and I have an Audigy 2 ZS.

    Wayne Wastier, May 14, 2005
  9. Because he might be an early adopter, likes being on the cutting edge.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Because he might be an early adopter, likes being on the cutting edge.

    Think about what I asked him based on the entire thread, then you will see
    the point to my question. If not, ask someone to explain it to you. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 15, 2005
  11. Billie Volkova wrote:
    > No real need to upgrade it. However I too have this problem, and I
    > have a feeling that it only happened after updating to the latest
    > sblive drivers. Still, at least I was right with the Tiny firewall
    > thing.

    Yes Billie, you were right, thanks for that :)

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 15, 2005
  12. Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\)

    don Guest

    As a musician, sound problems are a very big problem problem for me
    I have been using the audigy2 platium and have been very satisfied.

    HOWEVER, i am very aware of the fact the most people can not tell
    the subtlities in their music or other sound sources.
    that being the case, and money always a concern, i advise that If they
    are
    happy with it, keep it.

    don

    don, May 15, 2005
  13. All I can say is, as an amateur musician myself, I have been more than happy
    with the results I can get through the SBLive 5.1 and the Livedrive. If I'm
    not I throw everything through Garageband on a Mac. I have very fine
    hearing. I'm one of the people who can instantly tell the difference between
    the range on vinyl and CD, or a 128k mp3 from a 160, or a 160 from a 192 and
    so on. But I know that I'm unlikely to hear a stunning or worthwhile
    difference that is worth shelling out £100 or so for when I already have
    digital in/out, SPDIF in/out and a good set of speakers.
    The other point of course being that after installing the new drivers the
    problem seems to have appeared. A distinct mouse lag/pause seems to have
    crept in around the same time as well that causes the framerate to suffer in
    FC64 so I'm going to have some fun diagnosing it.

    Billie Volkova, May 15, 2005