    etc which I left how it was. After this however nothing happens, the screen
    flashes really quickly as if something started to run and then stopped, but
    no error messages and not running processes......

    Ash Ridley, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Ash Ridley

    NNBXX Guest

    I had the same problem as yours. Seems that Far Cry 64bit works *only* on
    AMD64 processors, but not on Intel EM64T ones (which I have). Very strange,
    because applications that run on AMD64 normally also run on EM64T, but with
    Far Cry 64bit, it's a different story :-(

    NNBXX, Aug 18, 2005

  3. You should be aware that AMD developed the "Patch" and therefore developed
    it for their processors only.

    Far Cry runs great on my 64 bit AMD machine :)

    G.B. Ritter MCSE, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Ash Ridley

    NNBXX Guest

    OK, so this patch was developped *by* AMD *for* AMD processors only ? Too
    bad for EM64T users.

    NNBXX, Aug 18, 2005
  5. I believe you'll see two different farcry shortcuts in the start menu, one is
    called "play far cry" and the other is called "play far cry 64"

    if I remember it right, the one left on the desktop after the 64 patches are
    installed is the original "play far cry" and won't launch the game.

    go to start and try launch "play far cry 64"

    also you might wanna try roll back or load new Nvidia drivers should you
    have Nvidia graphics card.

    cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Ash Ridley

    ]{artik Guest

    He he he... Feels so nice to own an AMD :)

    ]{artik, Aug 19, 2005
  7. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Well I do have an AMD64 CPU, but I also have a NVidia card so I guess I'll
    start looking at the driver now......

    Ash Ridley, Aug 19, 2005
  8. Ash Ridley

    Fat Bastard Guest

    New drivers are here!
    http://www.techarena.in/comments.php?catid=3&id=3281

    Fat Bastard, Aug 19, 2005
  9. Ash Ridley

    Ash Ridley Guest

    Yep it was the graphics driver

    On that note, does anyone know what Nvidia are actually going to put the
    T14200 in the .inf file so we dont have to hack it about anymore?

    Ash Ridley, Aug 22, 2005
  10. I have tried to run Far Cry in both 32bit and 64bit (after patches) and my
    screen freezes once I start a game every time.

    I have an AMD FX-57, 2 x XFX 7800 GTX, 2 GB ram and have installed the
    latest ndivia drivers v77.77.

    I am going crazy, any suggestions...

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHkgb2YgRXJpbg==?=, Aug 24, 2005
  11. Ash Ridley

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Kelly of Erin" <Kelly of > wrote in message
    >I have tried to run Far Cry in both 32bit and 64bit (after patches) and my
    > screen freezes once I start a game every time.
    >
    > I have an AMD FX-57, 2 x XFX 7800 GTX, 2 GB ram and have installed the
    > latest ndivia drivers v77.77.
    >
    > I am going crazy, any suggestions...

    Did you go to the Ubisoft website and download the latest game patches?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 24, 2005