    Is there a general FAQ than someone could post so that I don't bore you with
    my basic questions. Thanks in advance.
    Jake
    Jake, Aug 29, 2006

  2. I suggest you be a bit more specific about what your looking for...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 29, 2006

  3. Jake

    Malke Guest

    Jake wrote:

    > Is there a general FAQ than someone could post so that I don't bore
    > you with
    > my basic questions. Thanks in advance.
    > Jake

    AFAIK there is no published FAQ, which is a shame. However, you will not
    bore anyone with basic questions as long as you give enough information
    about whatever problems you are having. Here is a link that shows what
    details to include in a newsgroup post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Here are some links for basic wireless and networking questions:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -
    Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w
    Tom's Hardware Wireless Security FAQs
    http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2006/06/30/wireless_faq_security/index.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Jake

    Jake Guest

    I was looking for a reference guide to use when I had a problem. I have
    found the FAQs in the other newsgroups to be very helpful with problems I've
    had and was hoping this newsgroup would be the same. I'll just post my
    questions as they occur.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Jake

    Jake, Aug 29, 2006