FAQ needed

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by anthony, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. anthony

    anthony Guest

    There are a very small number of spoilers on this site -- esp. idiots
    such as archimedes lever -- who try to stop genuine group users from
    posting occasional clearly-labelled FA notices. I post maybe one of
    these notices a year, and I really appreciate it when other group
    members point our way to their ebay auctions.
    These spoilers won't tolerate these occasional FA messages but seem
    happy to let this group degenerate into a spam-haven, advertising
    gucci watches, and this sort of message which seems to get posted
    several times every day: chinabestof.com wholesale gucci sneakers
    wholesale true religion jeans wholesale D&G coat wholesale ed hardy
    tshirt wholesale christian audigier hoody
    In fact, I would think archimedes lever is the key spammer, and
    doesn't want to see true group member FA posts sullying his little
    profit-making exercise.
    Maybe a group FAQ outlining what can or can't be posted would be a
    good way to go, for the few non-retards who can post without turning
    every post into a spam-ad or an obscenity. I know the latter would be
    too hard for most!
     
    anthony, Feb 8, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:14:10 -0800 (PST), anthony
    <> wrote:

    >
    >There are a very small number of spoilers on this site -- esp. idiots
    >such as archimedes lever -- who try to stop genuine group users from
    >posting occasional clearly-labelled FA notices.



    **** you. This is NOT a "site", you retarded twit!

    Thewre are PLENTY of "for sale" GROUPS in Usenet (yes, this is Usenet,
    idiot!). Those groups are specifically for idiot fucktards like you to
    post your fucktard SPAM into.

    It doesn't matter how you want to label it. IT DOES NOT BELONG HERE.

    Get it through your retarded brain, dumbfuck.

    You do not simply pick a group to invade, and then decide what you want
    the rules to be.

    **** off, idiot!
     
    Archimedes' Lever, Feb 8, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:14:10 -0800 (PST), anthony
    <> wrote:

    >These spoilers won't tolerate these occasional FA messages but seem
    >happy to let this group degenerate into a spam-haven, advertising
    >gucci watches, and this sort of message which seems to get posted
    >several times every day: chinabestof.com wholesale gucci sneakers
    >wholesale true religion jeans wholesale D&G coat wholesale ed hardy
    >tshirt wholesale christian audigier hoody
    >In fact, I would think archimedes lever is the key spammer,



    You're a goddamned idiot, and you know NOTHING about Usnet. I see NONE
    of the messages you describe because MY ISP actually FILTERS the bullshit
    that google groups apparently doesn't have the brains to filter.

    You are a goddamned IDIOT if you think that you get to traipse into a
    group and start posting however the **** you want.

    Your accusation is baseless bullshit, and it is already clear that YOU
    are the only idiot that has posted SPAM here, dumbass.
     
    Archimedes' Lever, Feb 8, 2009
    #3
  4. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On Feb 9, 5:06 am, Archimedes' Lever <>
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:14:10 -0800 (PST), anthony
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >These spoilers won't tolerate these occasional FA messages but seem
    > >happy to let this group degenerate into a spam-haven, advertising
    > >gucci watches, and this sort of message which seems to get posted
    > >several times every day: chinabestof.com wholesale gucci sneakers
    > >wholesale true religion jeans wholesale D&G coat wholesale ed hardy
    > >tshirt wholesale christian audigier hoody
    > >In fact, I would think archimedes lever is the key spammer,

    >
    >
    >
    >   Your accusation is baseless bullshit, and it is already clear that YOU
    > are the only idiot that has posted SPAM here, dumbass.


    You have been reported to the CIA for infringement of animal rights
    (ie posing as a human)
     
    anthony, Feb 9, 2009
    #4
  5. anthony

    FatBytestard Guest

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:10:44 -0800 (PST), anthony
    <> wrote:

    >On Feb 9, 5:06 am, Archimedes' Lever <>
    >wrote:
    >> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:14:10 -0800 (PST), anthony
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >These spoilers won't tolerate these occasional FA messages but seem
    >> >happy to let this group degenerate into a spam-haven, advertising
    >> >gucci watches, and this sort of message which seems to get posted
    >> >several times every day: chinabestof.com wholesale gucci sneakers
    >> >wholesale true religion jeans wholesale D&G coat wholesale ed hardy
    >> >tshirt wholesale christian audigier hoody
    >> >In fact, I would think archimedes lever is the key spammer,

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>   Your accusation is baseless bullshit, and it is already clear that YOU
    >> are the only idiot that has posted SPAM here, dumbass.

    >
    >You have been reported to the CIA for infringement of animal rights
    >(ie posing as a human)


    You're about as funny as a freshly laid turd.

    Oh wait... You *are* a freshly laid turd.

    Stop stinkin' up the place, shithead.
     
    FatBytestard, Feb 9, 2009
    #5
  6. anthony

    FatBytestard Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:31 -0800, "Billy Colburn" <>
    wrote:

    >"anthony" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> There are a very small number of spoilers on this site -- esp. idiots
    >> such as archimedes lever -- who try to stop genuine group users from
    >> posting occasional clearly-labelled FA notices. I post maybe one of
    >> these notices a year, and I really appreciate it when other group
    >> members point our way to their ebay auctions.
    >> These spoilers won't tolerate these occasional FA messages but seem
    >> happy to let this group degenerate into a spam-haven, advertising
    >> gucci watches, and this sort of message which seems to get posted
    >> several times every day: chinabestof.com wholesale gucci sneakers
    >> wholesale true religion jeans wholesale D&G coat wholesale ed hardy
    >> tshirt wholesale christian audigier hoody
    >> In fact, I would think archimedes lever is the key spammer, and
    >> doesn't want to see true group member FA posts sullying his little
    >> profit-making exercise.
    >> Maybe a group FAQ outlining what can or can't be posted would be a
    >> good way to go, for the few non-retards who can post without turning
    >> every post into a spam-ad or an obscenity. I know the latter would be
    >> too hard for most!

    >
    >Advertising on Usenet: How To Do It, How Not To Do It
    >http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1/
    >
    >"...if you post meaningful, responsible messages in groups you're
    >actually interested in, and those messages happen to have the address of
    >your Web page tacked on at the end, few people will complain. "
    >
    >This is the only way to advertise in newsgroups that aren't specifically
    >set up for advertising that won't get you reported for spamming.
    >
    >Many people misinterpret this section:
    >"If you have a product or a message that is specifically related to a
    >particular Usenet newsgroup, and you want to let people know about it,
    >it's *usually* all right to post *one* notice about it."
    >
    >They think this means that anything they claim is "on topic" is OK to
    >advertise, but they fail to take into account the part about "usually
    >all right." In order for something to be alright it has to be acceptable
    >to the members of the group and different groups have different
    >attitudes towards advertising. It is the group's attitude towards
    >advertising that is the deciding factor, not what the advertiser thinks
    >is OK.
    >
    >The fact that you see blatant advertising in this or any other group
    >does not mean that the group either accepts or doesn't care about that
    >advertising. The professional spammers can get away with advertising
    >because they are constantly changing accounts, but people like you are
    >always the ones who get hammered if they insist on advertising in groups
    >where there are a significant number of people who object.



    In other words, Anthony and film11, you fucking retards, the only
    CORRECT place to do it is on a group SPECIFICALLY meant for 'for sale'
    posts.

    It really is that simple, unless your IQ is below 20.

    What would really be nice is if Ebay would actually enforce their own
    policy on this PROBLEM with retarded twits spamming everywhere they
    happen to peruse. Then, we would simply NOT HAVE utter idiots like this
    anthony ditz that thinks he is on a web page, and has NO CLUE about
    Usenet or any other forum he has decided to invade with his pathetic
    horseshit auction announcements.

    Pretty simple shit. **** off, anthony and film11, you retarded rule
    ignoring twits. It's a goddamned shame that we do not get to simply BURY
    you stupid fucks that got raised wrong by your stupid **** parents. You
    idiots do not even know what the word 'consideration' means, much less
    the emotions behind it.
     
    FatBytestard, Feb 11, 2009
    #6
  7. anthony

    Guest

    On Feb 7, 9:14 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    > Maybe a group FAQ outlining what can or can't be posted would be a
    > good way to go, for the few non-retards who can post without turning
    > every post into a spam-ad or an obscenity. I know the latter would be
    > too hard for most!


    FAQs require a decent number of senior members of the group to come to
    a consensus on certain issues, and that has to be enforced by
    community standards. Most of the useful members of alt.video.dvd are
    long gone, and there's so much crap in here you'll probably never
    establish a consistent code of conduct again.

    I hate to say it, but it's probably time to let this and other
    newsgroups die. I wish we could bring them back, but without
    participants who have half a brain, there's no point.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
     
    , Feb 11, 2009
    #7
  8. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On Feb 12, 5:24 am, "The Mighty T.B." <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Feb 7, 9:14 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    > >> Maybe a group FAQ outlining what can or can't be posted would be a
    > >> good way to go, for the few non-retards who can post without turning
    > >> every post into a spam-ad or an obscenity. I know the latter would be
    > >> too hard for most!

    >
    > > FAQs require a decent number of senior members of the group to come to
    > > a consensus on certain issues, and that has to be enforced by
    > > community standards.  Most of the useful members of alt.video.dvd are
    > > long gone, and there's so much crap in here you'll probably never
    > > establish a consistent code of conduct again.

    >
    > > I hate to say it, but it's probably time to let this and other
    > > newsgroups die.  I wish we could bring them back, but without
    > > participants who have half a brain, there's no point.
    > > Aaron J. Bossig

    >
    > >http://www.GodsLabRat.com

    >
    > There's plenty of A/V sites online that provide useful, well moderated
    > forums for discussion of just about any home video topic you could imagine.
    > The downside for some people is that they *are* moderated and limit
    > off-topic or personal attacks or other erratic behavior.  Of course for
    > many, that's considered a benefit.
    >
    > T.B.


    I'll search out the best of the sites you're suggesting -- a
    'moderated' site seems the only way to go, sadly, since some people
    are unable to moderate themselves! This site used to be so good till
    the lunatics tried to take control....
    Thanks, Anthony
     
    anthony, Feb 11, 2009
    #8
  9. anthony

    Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:14:09 -0800 (PST), anthony
    <> wrote:

    > since some people
    >are unable to moderate themselves!



    People LIKE YOU, YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT!

    There are "for sale" groups meant specifically for dopey fucktards like
    you. THAT IS where your post belongs, and that IS a moderated response.
    If it weren't, you be dead already, because I despise little fucking
    retards like you and the total troll twit you responded to.

    Come back when you have three living neurons that fire in sequence.
     
    , Feb 12, 2009
    #9
  10. anthony

    Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:14:09 -0800 (PST), anthony
    <> wrote:

    > This site used to be so good till
    >the lunatics tried to take control....
    >Thanks, Anthony



    You were never here before, you retarded ****.

    Maybe you are referring to one of the other groups that you cross
    posted your horseshit CRAP post to.

    This is NOT a site, dumbass.
     
    , Feb 12, 2009
    #10
  11. anthony

    Guest

    On Feb 11, 5:14 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    > On Feb 12, 5:24 am, "The Mighty T.B." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > wrote:
    > > > On Feb 7, 9:14 pm, anthony <> wrote:
    > > >> Maybe a group FAQ outlining what can or can't be posted would be a
    > > >> good way to go, for the few non-retards who can post without turning
    > > >> every post into a spam-ad or an obscenity. I know the latter would be
    > > >> too hard for most!

    >
    > > > FAQs require a decent number of senior members of the group to come to
    > > > a consensus on certain issues, and that has to be enforced by
    > > > community standards. Most of the useful members of alt.video.dvd are
    > > > long gone, and there's so much crap in here you'll probably never
    > > > establish a consistent code of conduct again.

    >
    > > > I hate to say it, but it's probably time to let this and other
    > > > newsgroups die. I wish we could bring them back, but without
    > > > participants who have half a brain, there's no point.
    > > > Aaron J. Bossig

    >
    > > >http://www.GodsLabRat.com

    >
    > > There's plenty of A/V sites online that provide useful, well moderated
    > > forums for discussion of just about any home video topic you could imagine.
    > > The downside for some people is that they *are* moderated and limit
    > > off-topic or personal attacks or other erratic behavior. Of course for
    > > many, that's considered a benefit.

    >
    > > T.B.

    >
    > I'll search out the best of the sites you're suggesting -- a
    > 'moderated' site seems the only way to go, sadly, since some people
    > are unable to moderate themselves! This site used to be so good till
    > the lunatics tried to take control....
    > Thanks, Anthony


    I've had very good luck with avsforum.com.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
     
    , Feb 12, 2009
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. David

    Upgrading to high speed, FAQ?

    David, Nov 4, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    537
    Deborah Harper
    Nov 9, 2004
  2. Malke
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    551
    Malke
    Dec 10, 2004
  3. Jeandré
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,066
    Jeandré
    Jul 27, 2003
  4. mrzac
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    488
    Leonidas Jones
    Dec 27, 2003
  5. www.networking-forum.com

    Cisco certification FAQ assistance needed

    www.networking-forum.com, Dec 17, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    394
    www.networking-forum.com
    Dec 17, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page