    thanks so much for your help, my scandisk is now working but the defrag
    started then it keeps stopping and saying that the disk is changing sorry I
    feel such a thicko can u help?

    pat joubert, Jan 24, 2004

  2. pat joubert

    philo Guest

    "pat joubert" <> wrote in message
    news:rVsQb.2026$...
    > thanks so much for your help, my scandisk is now working but the defrag
    > started then it keeps stopping and saying that the disk is changing sorry

    > feel such a thicko can u help?

    well here is one last thing to try

    start your machine in safe mode

    right after you see the bios message...but before windows starts to load

    hit the F8 key

    you can do that several times as the machine first starts up

    you should get a dialog box which allows you to start in safe mode

    you still need to turn off the screen saver
    but from safe mode nothing else will be running
    and you should now (hopefully) be able to defrag

    philo, Jan 24, 2004