    travel, finance and weather. When you click on the headline, you'll be
    taken to the full story.

    CJ
    CJ, Apr 16, 2004

  2. CJ wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I think you should try the Desk Top Ticker.
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3223354.stm
    >
    > Newsline
    > the BBC's News ticker can sit anywhere on your desktop, and will
    > automatically update throughout the day with the latest news, sport,
    > travel, finance and weather. When you click on the headline, you'll be
    > taken to the full story.
    >
    > CJ

    Hey that is really cool! Thanks for mentioning it - I didn't know it
    existed. (It works ok on XP)
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Sorry for the piggyback, as I don't have the original post.

    I like and use Hover News.

    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:c5pec6$4dhm0$-berlin.de:

    --
    @}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 17, 2004
  4. CJ

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel @}-}-------Rosee
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >>> Hi,
    >>> I think you should try the Desk Top Ticker.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3223354.stm
    >>>
    >>> Newsline
    >>> the BBC's News ticker can sit anywhere on your desktop, and will
    >>> automatically update throughout the day with the latest news, sport,
    >>> travel, finance and weather. When you click on the headline, you'll
    >>> be taken to the full story.
    >>>
    >>> CJ

    >> Hey that is really cool! Thanks for mentioning it - I didn't know it
    >> existed. (It works ok on XP)

    > Sorry for the piggyback, as I don't have the original post.
    >
    > I like and use Hover News.
    >
    > http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

    The OP is UK-based (or wants predominantly UK news).
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 17, 2004