    Icebreaker
    "Only three more hours, sea people. Only three more hours and you can take
    me away from this crappy planet full of hippies."
    Throw Icebreaker From The Train, Aug 9, 2005

  2. > FOX is releasing Fantastic Four on dvd 12.13.05 No word yet on specifics,
    > but I think it's a safe bet at this point that it'll be a single disc
    > release with a few minor extras. Then, in May of 2006, in an attempt to
    > drum up interest for X-Men 3, FOX will re-release Fantastic Four, but this
    > time as a super-duper-extra-special-collectors edition with one ticket for
    > free admission to X-Men 3 inside with each purchase of the new Fantastic
    > Four dvd release.

    Free advice: Wait until May. You'll survive. Might even realize by then
    that owning FF on DVD is pointless.
    Tom Zielinski, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Throw Icebreaker From The Train

    Goro Guest

    Throw Icebreaker From The Train wrote:
    > http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7383&n=1&burl=
    >
    > FOX is releasing Fantastic Four on dvd 12.13.05 No word yet on specifics,
    > but I think it's a safe bet at this point that it'll be a single disc
    > release with a few minor extras. Then, in May of 2006, in an attempt to drum
    > up interest for X-Men 3, FOX will re-release Fantastic Four, but this time
    > as a super-duper-extra-special-collectors edition with one ticket for free
    > admission to X-Men 3 inside with each purchase of the new Fantastic Four dvd
    > release.

    wow. released only 2 wks before xmas? kind of a crappy time to do it.
    I mean, why not release 3 weeks earlier, right before thanksgiving
    weekend?

    i recall when i was writing computer games, they told us that if we
    missed our milestones, that for every day after thanksgiving that the
    game was delayed, we lost out on about $100k.

    -goro-
    Goro, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Throw Icebreaker From The Train wrote:

    > http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7383&n=1&burl=
    >
    > FOX is releasing Fantastic Four on dvd 12.13.05 No word yet on specifics,
    > but I think it's a safe bet at this point that it'll be a single disc
    > release with a few minor extras. Then, in May of 2006, in an attempt to drum
    > up interest for X-Men 3, FOX will re-release Fantastic Four, but this time
    > as a super-duper-extra-special-collectors edition with one ticket for free
    > admission to X-Men 3 inside with each purchase of the new Fantastic Four dvd
    > release.

    Um, didn't Tim Story *already* say he was working on the DVD "improved
    F4:Extended Edition"?

    (And that wasn't Fox's idea, that was just what EVERY director does when
    they get the Big Oops from the audience box-office...Any other headlines?)

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Throw Icebreaker From The Train

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Goro
    <> wrote:

    > Throw Icebreaker From The Train wrote:
    > > http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7383&n=1&burl=
    > >
    > > FOX is releasing Fantastic Four on dvd 12.13.05 No word yet on specifics,
    > > but I think it's a safe bet at this point that it'll be a single disc
    > > release with a few minor extras. Then, in May of 2006, in an attempt to drum
    > > up interest for X-Men 3, FOX will re-release Fantastic Four, but this time
    > > as a super-duper-extra-special-collectors edition with one ticket for free
    > > admission to X-Men 3 inside with each purchase of the new Fantastic Four dvd
    > > release.

    > wow. released only 2 wks before xmas? kind of a crappy time to do it.
    > I mean, why not release 3 weeks earlier, right before thanksgiving
    > weekend?
    >
    > i recall when i was writing computer games, they told us that if we
    > missed our milestones, that for every day after thanksgiving that the
    > game was delayed, we lost out on about $100k.

    The problem is FOX is releasing more then one movie for the Christmas
    season, where as a software company might only have one or two titles.
    Stores only have enough money to buy X dvd's a week, so the more you
    release three weeks before Christmas the fewer of each title are going
    to be stocked at Walmart. Check the schedule, I bet FOX has another big
    film hitting stores the week before Fantastic Four.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Aug 10, 2005
  6. Throw Icebreaker From The Train

    Donald Link Guest