    my office fitted with Nvidia cards and six months down the line it's like
    sitting next to two low flying helicopters! Anyone else found this? Any
    source of replacement fans please?

    Hobbit, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Hobbit

    Harrison Guest

    Never had a problem with noise from one.
    Are you certain it's the graphics card fan?

    Harrison, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Hobbit wrote:

    > Are the fans on Nvidia graphics cards usually crap? I have two machines
    > in my office fitted with Nvidia cards and six months down the line it's
    > like
    > sitting next to two low flying helicopters! Anyone else found this? Any
    > source of replacement fans please?

    The one on the card I bought died in two months. Goodbye card. Next card I
    get will not have a fan, thank you.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Hobbit

    Annie M. Guest

    >Are the fans on Nvidia graphics cards usually crap? I have two machines in
    >my office fitted with Nvidia cards and six months down the line it's like
    >sitting next to two low flying helicopters! Anyone else found this?

    I had to laugh when I saw your subject line as I had *just* come back from the
    store where I was looking at video cards because my Nvidia fan sounds like a
    helicopter! So, yes! :)

    -Annie

    Annie M., Jan 31, 2004
  5. Hobbit

    Shagrat Guest

    www.quietpc.com

    Look for the Zalman GFX card cooling options.

    I use one onmy nvidia card. Works a treat

    Shagrat, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Hobbit

    Hobbit Guest

    "Shagrat" <> wrote in message
    > www.quietpc.com
    >
    > Look for the Zalman GFX card cooling options.
    >
    > I use one onmy nvidia card. Works a treat

    Great stuff! Many thanks!!!!

    Hobbit

    Hobbit, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Hobbit

    Shagrat Guest

    Just make sure the layout of your motherboard will allow room for those big
    heatsinks. Not all boards do. The MSI range of motherboards have the best
    layout for Zalman products I`ve found.

    Shagrat, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Hobbit

    jeroen Guest

    "Hobbit" <> wrote in message
    > Are the fans on Nvidia graphics cards usually crap? I have two machines

    in
    > my office fitted with Nvidia cards and six months down the line it's like
    > sitting next to two low flying helicopters! Anyone else found this? Any
    > source of replacement fans please?

    had the same problem after 3 months

    jeroen

    jeroen, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Hobbit

    Hobbit Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Hobbit wrote:
    >
    > > Are the fans on Nvidia graphics cards usually crap? I have two machines
    > > in my office fitted with Nvidia cards and six months down the line it's
    > > like
    > > sitting next to two low flying helicopters! Anyone else found this? Any
    > > source of replacement fans please?
    > >

    > The one on the card I bought died in two months. Goodbye card. Next card I
    > get will not have a fan, thank you.
    > --

    Just notices that the card in question is manufactured by 'Sparkle' using
    the Nvidia chipset. The fan has a sleeve bearing. That's where the problem
    lies. They should have used a fan with ball bearings.

    Hobbit

    Hobbit, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Hobbit

    Westlaker Guest

    Yes...I had a PCI TNT Nvidia 32mb card once. It wasn't too long after I
    bought the thing that the Fan started making a terrible noise.
    I took it back to the store and fortunately they were good enough to
    replace the Fan for me free.
    It happened a second time too, so they replaced it again free. The Tech.
    told me not to let it run like this too long as the Bearing could
    disintegrate and ruin the PC...Sold it soon after...
    Bought another Nvidia, this time an AGP XP 5200 128mb, this one has no
    Fan...end of prob...

    Westlaker, Feb 10, 2004