    it sounds like a jet engine!
    Any thoughts?
    Badger

    Badger, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Badger

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "Badger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I seem to have a problem with my cooling fan.
    > When first booted everything is fine. The chassis fan is operating at

    around
    > 2600RPM and maintaining the temperature at around 34C - no problem. Within
    > about 20 minutes the fan speed increases to around 4000RPM but the
    > temperature remains OK. It sounds like an overheating problem but I have
    > cleaned (de-dusted) everything and it looks OK. When the fan RPM increases
    > it sounds like a jet engine!
    > Any thoughts?
    > Badger

    Either the fan or the motherboard may have thermal sensing and is increasing
    the speed of the fan to compensate for the increase in heat.
    Do some research on your motherboard manufacturers website, or maybe the fan
    makers site.

    Swiss Tony, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Badger , wrote in message
    :
    > I seem to have a problem with my cooling fan.
    > When first booted everything is fine. The chassis fan is operating at
    > around 2600RPM and maintaining the temperature at around 34C - no
    > problem. Within about 20 minutes the fan speed increases to around
    > 4000RPM but the temperature remains OK. It sounds like an overheating
    > problem but I have cleaned (de-dusted) everything and it looks OK.
    > When the fan RPM increases it sounds like a jet engine!
    > Any thoughts?
    > Badger

    And of course, you've checked to see there isn't a process starting which
    causes the CPU run off.

    --
    Zeich Heil!! /- :}

    Helmet Schtinx, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Badger

    Trax Guest

    "Badger" <> wrote:

    |>I seem to have a problem with my cooling fan.
    |>When first booted everything is fine. The chassis fan is operating at around
    |>2600RPM and maintaining the temperature at around 34C - no problem. Within
    |>about 20 minutes the fan speed increases to around 4000RPM but the
    |>temperature remains OK. It sounds like an overheating problem but I have
    |>cleaned (de-dusted) everything and it looks OK. When the fan RPM increases
    |>it sounds like a jet engine!
    |>Any thoughts?

    Download and run Everest
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

    Look at Computer\sensor and see what it's got to report.

    --
    Napster, gets down and...
    http://www.getthewholething.co.uk/

    Trax, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Badger

    John Holmes Guest

    Badger blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    --
    Your mother was an inhuman block of concrete who splashed about in the
    puddle of decadence on a farm.

    John Holmes, Nov 21, 2005