    I have a separate cooling fan either side of the graphics card.
    Dare I run it without the fan altogether?

    (Amd Ath 1200 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce graphics, Win XP)

    Dee, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Dee

    HF Guest

    And who invented alt.computer.workshop

    HF, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Dee

    HF Guest

    Buy another fan. What makes you think it can run without a fan if the spec
    is for a fan.????

    HF, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Dee

    old jon Guest

    "Dee" <> wrote in message
    >I bought a 40x40x10mm DC PC Cooling Fan with a three lead wire motherboard
    >connector.
    > Unfortunately it's for a graphics card which has a 2pin socket.
    > Is there an adaptor I can buy or do I just have to find a new fan?
    > I have a separate cooling fan either side of the graphics card.
    > Dare I run it without the fan altogether?
    >
    > (Amd Ath 1200 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce graphics, Win XP)

    Just done the same. Check on your Mboard to see if you have a
    little 3 pin connection it will fit. Some Mboards have 2 or 3.
    If you can`t you will have to carefully remove the connectors from the
    plastic,
    and plug the individually onto the 2 pins (outside pair).
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Oct 28, 2005
  5. Dee

    Dee Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Dee" <> wrote in message
    >>I bought a 40x40x10mm DC PC Cooling Fan with a three lead wire motherboard
    >>connector.
    >> Unfortunately it's for a graphics card which has a 2pin socket.
    >> Is there an adaptor I can buy or do I just have to find a new fan?
    >> I have a separate cooling fan either side of the graphics card.
    >> Dare I run it without the fan altogether?
    >>
    >> (Amd Ath 1200 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce graphics, Win XP)
    >>

    > Just done the same. Check on your Mboard to see if you have a
    > little 3 pin connection it will fit. Some Mboards have 2 or 3.
    > If you can`t you will have to carefully remove the connectors from the
    > plastic,
    > and plug the individually onto the 2 pins (outside pair).
    > bw..OJ

    The connection is on the graphics card and there's only theone. What I've
    done is cut the wire of each fan and connected the connector of the
    original fan tot he new one (i.e. I've just fastened the wires together -
    don't have the tools to try to take off the old connector.) It should work
    ok shouldn't it? Yellow one I've just cut away altogether.

    Dee, Oct 28, 2005