    here to download.

    Help!!

    I've already looked through all of the settings, and found nothing helpful
    ZenIsWhen, Jun 17, 2006

  2. ZenIsWhen

    gwtc Guest

    ZenIsWhen wrote:

    > Firefox "Downloads" haven't worked right since last summer.
    >
    > All it does, 99% of the time, is jump, real quick, back to where you "click
    > here to download.
    >
    > Help!!
    >
    > I've already looked through all of the settings, and found nothing helpful

    "downloads" of what? Files, Extensions, webpages, what?

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #1: Make race car noises when
    anyone gets on or off.
    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006

  3. ZenIsWhen

    ZenIsWhen Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > ZenIsWhen wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox "Downloads" haven't worked right since last summer.
    >>
    >> All it does, 99% of the time, is jump, real quick, back to where you
    >> "click here to download.
    >>
    >> Help!!
    >>
    >> I've already looked through all of the settings, and found nothing
    >> helpful

    > "downloads" of what? Files, Extensions, webpages, what?

    Downloadable files, updates, free programs, anything downloadable from with
    FF.

    ZenIsWhen, Jun 17, 2006
  4. ZenIsWhen

    gwtc Guest

    ZenIsWhen wrote:

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>ZenIsWhen wrote:
    >>

    >>>Firefox "Downloads" haven't worked right since last summer.
    >>>
    >>>All it does, 99% of the time, is jump, real quick, back to where you
    >>>"click here to download.
    >>>
    >>>Help!!
    >>>
    >>>I've already looked through all of the settings, and found nothing
    >>>helpful

    >>"downloads" of what? Files, Extensions, webpages, what?

    > Downloadable files, updates, free programs, anything downloadable from with
    > FF.

    open the download manager, and remove all the entries there. Does
    this solve your problem now?
    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Grimace painfully while
    smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit! All of you
    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006
  5. ZenIsWhen

    ZenIsWhen Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > ZenIsWhen wrote:
    >
    >> "gwtc" <> wrote in message

    >>>"downloads" of what? Files, Extensions, webpages, what?

    >> Downloadable files, updates, free programs, anything downloadable from
    >> with FF.
    >>

    > open the download manager, and remove all the entries there. Does this
    > solve your problem now?

    There isn't now, and hasn't been, anything in there for months.

    It's frustrating to have to open up Internet Explorer (euch) every time I
    want to get a download - that fails with FF.
    ZenIsWhen, Jun 18, 2006
  6. ZenIsWhen

    ZenIsWhen Guest

    ZenIsWhen, Jun 18, 2006
  7. ZenIsWhen

    gwtc Guest

    ZenIsWhen wrote:

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>ZenIsWhen wrote:
    >>

    >>>"gwtc" <> wrote in message

    >>>Downloadable files, updates, free programs, anything downloadable from
    >>>with FF.
    >>>

    >>open the download manager, and remove all the entries there. Does this
    >>solve your problem now?

    > There isn't now, and hasn't been, anything in there for months.
    >
    > It's frustrating to have to open up Internet Explorer (euch) every time I
    > want to get a download - that fails with FF.

    then close FF and using your file manager look in the profile and
    delete the file downloads.rdf. Now restart FF. Does this solve the
    problem?

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Crack open your briefcase
    or purse, and while peering inside ask: "Got enough air in there?"

    gwtc, Jun 18, 2006
  8. ZenIsWhen

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 18, 2006