    Messages:
    185
    The fan controller. What is it really recommended for?

    Technoholic, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Technoholic

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I use mine for controling all the fans in my cube, low speed while writing or surfing, high speed while gaming or benchmarking a component.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Technoholic

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Their nice to have around for late night surfing sessions so you don't wake anyone up..

    stlava, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Technoholic

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Silverstrand, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Hmm... I'll keep that in mind.
    I could use it.. Right now, my case temp is 33C. Good?

    Technoholic, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Technoholic

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Ya that should be fine.. I'm at 30c now. With 5 case fans..

    stlava, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Technoholic

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    These came in handy at school when my computer was in teh same room where I slept. I don't want to hear a 6000RPM 80mm fan screaming at me while trying to sleep

    werty316, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i love the noise of fans... its puts me to sleep at night (well early morning but u get the idea)
    :D

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Technoholic

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I started using controlers back on the days of the 60mm 6800 RPm Delta black screamers. Those little things made it impossible to even think. But in their day, they were the best you could get combined with a Swifty MCXC370 AMD HSF..........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 28, 2005
  10. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol that sound funny... BUT AMD ROCKS!

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  11. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    :lol: Whatcha sleeping in school for?
    Thanks for the info/tip, guys. :)

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  12. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, he was in a dorm obivously :|

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  13. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Was he really? Or he was cutting class? I done it plenty of time, but not in the computer room.
    By the way, I'm hard of hearing, unlike you all. :veryprou:

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  14. Technoholic

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    yep correct it was in a dorm. I don't know how I could have ever have slept without a fan controller. I could turn my cpomputer off but who really turns it off? On 24/7 for me.

    werty316, Jun 28, 2005
  15. Technoholic

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Hehe, sounds familiar :lol:

    zachig, Jun 28, 2005
  16. Technoholic

    Bite-Me-2

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    Nothing like the sound of 6 high speed tornados in the morning..............:)

    Bite-Me-2, Jun 28, 2005
  17. Technoholic

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    I turn mine off. How the heck can I sleep with the lighted fan? :p
    Stock computer, they can be left on 24/7. But custom computer which is mine, in my own room, my dad would scream at the electricity bills, don't blame me though it's what he say. I would rather my computer off anyway.
    One bad experience, computer was on overnight. In the middle of the night, parents woke up and smelt something burning. Looked over to my monitor, realized it was off which it's not supposed to be. So I tried to turn it on but discovered the monitor burnt out.
    Bad idea for me to leave it on 24/7.

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  18. Technoholic

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    I wouldn't mind adding a fan controller to my system, but i have some other things to invest in, first.
    Actually i don't care too much about fans' noise.

    zachig, Jun 29, 2005
  19. Technoholic

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i can sleep with 3 computers running and my headphones in the ears! :D i can fully shut my system off :D (aka my brain!)

    unholy, Jun 29, 2005
  20. Technoholic

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I recommend the.....

    ...Cooler Master Aerogate I fan controller. It has three colors for the LEDs surrounding the knobs, it does a good job with the voltage adjustments, and it's really cheap! I've got three in my stock, and I got these from www.svc.com for $5 US each! Go right here:
    http://www.svc.com/ald-v01-u1-19.html
    [​IMG]

    bigal, Jul 2, 2005