    play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or should i but
    the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk

    dave

    Dragon, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Geoff Jones Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Could some one tell me if the family guy dvd boxset on most dvd sites
    > ie play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or
    > should i but the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk
    >
    > dave

    you have to buy the £50 box set of all 3 seasons to get the bonus disc with
    the commentaries (think it's around £40 odd on amazon.co.uk)

    the single seasons are all on promotion at the moment so you could probably
    pick up all 3 seasons for around £30 to £33 depending on where you but it
    online

    from what i've read the bonus discs aren't all that impressive - i've heard
    the commentaries are not all that good.

    This is just hearsay and what i have read on the web so take it any way you
    want.

    i've never even seen family guy and was tempted to get them when they
    dropped in price but i'm someone who loves extras and commentaries so i
    personally would wait for the big boxset to come down in price

    The choice as they say is yours

    Thanks

    Geoff

    Geoff Jones, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Dragon

    madkevin Guest

    "Geoff Jones" <gajmcse@**nospam**hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > from what i've read the bonus discs aren't all that impressive - i've heard
    > the commentaries are not all that good.

    The commentaries, unfortunately, *aren't* very good. But the last DVD box set
    contains the episode that was censored by Fox from ever making it to the air -
    it's worth the price of the box set for that episode alone.

    Kevin "Damn You, Ice Cream!" Cogliano

    madkevin, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "madkevin" <> wrote in message

    > "Geoff Jones" <gajmcse@**nospam**hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > from what i've read the bonus discs aren't all that impressive - i've

    heard
    > > the commentaries are not all that good.

    > The commentaries, unfortunately, *aren't* very good. But the last DVD box

    set
    > contains the episode that was censored by Fox from ever making it to the

    air -
    > it's worth the price of the box set for that episode alone.
    >
    > Kevin "Damn You, Ice Cream!" Cogliano

    Is that "When you Wish upon a Weinsten"? That's available on R1 number
    volume two boxset (really Season 3), as volume one boxset contains Season 1
    & 2.

    Nath, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Dragon

    madkevin Guest

    "Nath" <> wrote in message

    > Is that "When you Wish upon a Weinsten"? That's available on R1 number
    > volume two boxset (really Season 3), as volume one boxset contains Season 1
    > & 2.

    That's the one.

    Season three also has my favourite Family Guy joke, which happens near the end
    of the two-parter Brian-centric episode, where Brian ends up a porn director in
    Hollywood. Peter and Lois go the awards ceremony where Brian is being presented
    a "Woody" for Best Direction, and Peter gets predictably drunk. A producer walks
    up to Lois and says: "Hey, baby, you're something! You wanna be in the movies,
    maybe a little girl-on-girl action?" Peter drunkenly barks: "Hah! Nice try,
    pal - I've been barking up that tree for fourteen years."

    Kevin "Sex On T.V." Cogliano

    madkevin, Apr 18, 2004
  6. "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Could some one tell me if the family guy dvd boxset on most dvd sites ie
    > play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or should i but
    > the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk
    >
    > dave

    if the commentaries are the same as the region 1's then imho i thought they
    were great! especially when they let loose in character(unless they censored
    it on the UK releases as to not bump up the ratings!)
    PJ

    PJ\(the original!\), Apr 18, 2004
  7. > if the commentaries are the same as the region 1's then imho i thought
    they
    > were great!

    I agree, the commentaries were pretty funny, pointing out some of the jokes
    I didn't even know were in there - "Cleveland steamer" - for example.

    Poncho & Lefty, Apr 19, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    > Dragon wrote:
    > > Could some one tell me if the family guy dvd boxset on most dvd sites
    > > ie play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or
    > > should i but the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk
    > >
    > > dave

    > you have to buy the £50 box set of all 3 seasons to get the bonus disc

    with
    > the commentaries (think it's around £40 odd on amazon.co.uk)

    Bonus disc with the commentaries?
    The commentaries are seperate from the cartoons?
    Audio files? (Like Matt and Trey had to do for South Park season One?)

    --
    Covenant
    A Man Confused

    Covenant, Apr 19, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >Could some one tell me if the family guy dvd boxset on most dvd sites ie
    >play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or should i but
    >the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk

    Box 1 = seasons 1 and 2.

    Box 2 = season 3. Discs 1 and 2 have 8 episodes each. Disc 3 has 5
    aired episodes plus the unaired episode (singular), "When You Wish
    Upon a Weinstein", plus a couple of featurettes.

    I don't know of any Family Guy set with a whole disc of just extras.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Apr 19, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Stan Brown Guest

    "madkevin" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >The commentaries, unfortunately, *aren't* very good.

    I agree. It's really too bad -- those were funny people, but they
    just showed up with no preparation at all -- Seth was even taking
    cell-phone calls during the commentary and joking about it.

    There were a few interesting nuggets, but overall I think the
    commentaries were a dead loss.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Apr 19, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Tricky Dicky Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Could some one tell me if the family guy dvd boxset on most dvd sites ie
    > play.com come with the extra bonus disc of unseen shows. or should i but
    > the 9.99 dvds fom dvd.co.uk
    >
    > dave

    Well I've got the promotional price DVDs of series 1 (double disc), series 2
    (double disc) and series three (3 disk boxset = 3 x amarays in a box). All
    R2

    If "Weinstein" is indeed the un-aired episode - then it is sitting on my
    disk 2 of series 2

    Looks like it could be offensive to religious type which is why it got
    pulled

    Tricky

    Tricky Dicky, Apr 19, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Damon Guest

    Nath declarait :

    > Is that "When you Wish upon a Weinsten"? That's available on R1 number
    > volume two boxset (really Season 3), as volume one boxset contains Season

    1
    > & 2.

    So much for too much for US TV, the weinstein episode was the only one I
    saw on US TV last week when i was in Chicago.
    Virgin there were having a $10 DVD sale, got myself only 3 older films,
    Score, Enemy at the gates and Reservoir Dogs 10th anniversary but picked up
    Gothika and 21 grams for less than $20 each not great but ok for retail
    shops.
    And also the Schindler's list gift set for about £16.50 retail which also
    wasn't bad, nice set if you haven't seen it, shame the perspex case got
    slightly cracked.

    Article posté via l'accès Usenet http://www.mes-news.com
    Accès par Nnrp ou Web

    Damon, Apr 19, 2004