False Color IR with Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Benedikt Schenker, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Benedikt Schenker, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Benedikt Schenker

    stewy Guest

    "Benedikt Schenker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    >
    > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm

    I think must people are not after false-colour IR. It's the green as white,
    high contrast monochrome pictures (see U2 cover) that we are interested in.

    stewy, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Benedikt Schenker

    Skip M Guest

    Thanks for the link and going to the trouble to set up a page to explain
    that. I've shot EIR, and it is interesting to see how to duplicate it with
    digital.
    Any information about photography is part of the learning process.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Benedikt Schenker

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    >
    > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm
    >
    > Just to give you an idea, have fun

    I recall someone (a film advocate) in the digital group once saying this
    couldn't be done with digital. ;) Nice work - lovely shots.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Benedikt Schenker

    Chris Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    >
    > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm
    >
    > Just to give you an idea, have fun

    That's nice, but you can pretty much duplicate just about any color scheme
    with digital imaging software. The trick is to get it right, in comparison
    to a genuine IR negative. But, why would you want to go through all the
    trouble?

    Chris, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Benedikt Schenker

    John O. Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > "Benedikt Schenker" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    > >
    > > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm
    > >
    > > Just to give you an idea, have fun

    > I recall someone (a film advocate) in the digital group once saying this
    > couldn't be done with digital. ;) Nice work - lovely shots.
    >
    > Mike

    LOL. I'd never say something can't be done with digital. Eventually,
    someone will do it.

    John O., Apr 6, 2004
  7. Benedikt Schenker

    Mike Kohary Guest

    "John O." <> wrote in message

    > "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > > "Benedikt Schenker" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > > > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    > > >
    > > > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > > > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm
    > > >
    > > > Just to give you an idea, have fun

    > > I recall someone (a film advocate) in the digital group once saying this
    > > couldn't be done with digital. ;) Nice work - lovely shots.

    > LOL. I'd never say something can't be done with digital. Eventually,
    > someone will do it.

    Precisely. :)

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Benedikt Schenker

    D.R Guest

    "stewy" <> wrote in message news:c4jd65$hlt$...

    > "Benedikt Schenker" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've emulated the behaviour of "KODAK EKTACHROME Professional
    > > Infrared EIR Film" using a digital camera.
    > >
    > > Results and a step-by step explantion are shown on:
    > > http://www.dominikschenker.com/IR/FalschFarbIRGal.htm
    > >

    > I think must people are not after false-colour IR. It's the green as white,
    > high contrast monochrome pictures (see U2 cover) that we are interested in.

    As in The Unforgettable Fire? How did they achieve this?

    D.R, Apr 13, 2004