    1. Advertising

  2. Annika1980

    Mike Russell Guest

    Mike Russell, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    > Took these today during lunch.

    Gorgeous pano, but the saturation seems a little lacking... kinda makes those
    amazing fall colours... "bland".

    Matt Ion, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Mike Russell wrote:
    > From: "Annika1980" <>
    >> Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    >> Took these today during lunch.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/69930471/original

    > Nice - I couldn't resist, so here's a curved version of same:
    > http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/rrpano-mgr.jpg

    That's more colorful, but I prefer grass that doesn't look like a neon-green
    hi-liter pen...
    ;)
    It's easy to get carried away with saturation, contrast, etc.
    Bret's image looks like reality.
    This new version looks like Candy Land.
    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 9, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Matt Ion wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >> Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    >> Took these today during lunch.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/69930471/original

    > Gorgeous pano, but the saturation seems a little lacking... kinda
    > makes those amazing fall colours... "bland".

    That's because it lacked a bit of direct sunlight...

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Nov 9, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Nov 9, 2006
  7. > Bret's image looks like reality.
    > This new version looks like Candy Land.

    I agree. Those greens look awful.

    Derek Fountain, Nov 9, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    Rutger Guest

    "Annika1980" <> schreef in bericht
    > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    > Took these today during lunch.

    The stitch is very noticable in the road. Don't like it...

    Rutger

    --
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/sets

    Rutger, Nov 9, 2006
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Rutger wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> schreef in bericht
    > > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    > > Took these today during lunch.

    > The stitch is very noticable in the road. Don't like it...

    I agree. That was a quick and dirty stitch using Photomerge in CS2.
    I'll try to do it again with PTgui and see if I can make it better.

    The obvious problem is the "corner" in the road. The road itself was
    pretty straight.

    Annika1980, Nov 9, 2006
  10. Annika1980

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    > Took these today during lunch.

    Great pix -- I expect to see the still out back of the little
    cabin (although I notice on the right side, the bee hives -
    maybe they are the guards for the still ?? (actually, honey
    bees are usually quite docile - just sounded good))
    Up here in the pacific northwest, our fall colors took a
    real beating in the last week - quite a number of inches
    of rain and wind has sort of trashed the beautiful fall
    colors we were seeing.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Nov 9, 2006
  11. Derek Fountain wrote:
    >> Bret's image looks like reality.
    >> This new version looks like Candy Land.

    > I agree. Those greens look awful.

    I like the way Mike has opened up the colors of the leaves, but prefer
    the original green of the grass. Time to layer and paint on masks!

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Nov 9, 2006
  12. Annika1980

    SimonLW Guest

    > Rutger wrote:
    >> "Annika1980" <> schreef in bericht
    >> > Yes, sports fans, it's Autumn in Tennessee!
    >> > Took these today during lunch.

    >> The stitch is very noticable in the road. Don't like it...
    >>

    > I agree. That was a quick and dirty stitch using Photomerge in CS2.
    > I'll try to do it again with PTgui and see if I can make it better.
    >
    > The obvious problem is the "corner" in the road. The road itself was
    > pretty straight.

    I noticed the dog leg in the road, but to the left there is a distinct blue
    band in the road that is also seen in the grass. Is that a stitching
    artifact?
    Other than this, it is a great shot.
    -S

    SimonLW, Nov 9, 2006
  13. Annika1980

    Mike Russell Guest

    "SimonLW" <> wrote in message

    [re Annika1980's tennessee fall pano]
    > I noticed the dog leg in the road, but to the left there is a distinct
    > blue band in the road that is also seen in the grass. Is that a stitching
    > artifact?
    > Other than this, it is a great shot.

    Yes, it is a gorgeous picture. The image is considerably bluer just left of
    center, and there is a join line in the road where the color change is
    visible. My guess is that Auto WB was at work, compensating for the larger
    area of relatively blue sky in the right part of the pano.

    BTW - some of you may have a point about the first version of this image.
    I've posted another "compromise" version of my curved image that allows you
    to compare the original, my "colorful" version, and a blend of the two.
    http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/Tennessee/
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Nov 9, 2006
  14. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 10, 2006
  15. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Nov 10, 2006
  16. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Nov 10, 2006
  17. Annika1980

    SimonLW Guest

    SimonLW, Nov 10, 2006
  18. Annika1980

    Stujoe Guest

    Stujoe, Nov 10, 2006
  19. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 11, 2006