    http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

    --
    *** Remove NSPM to reply ***
    Salle ®²ºº², Oct 7, 2003

  2. Salle ®²ºº²

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Very nice shot, almost reminiscent of Seurat. Thanks!

    PTRAVEL, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Salle ®²ºº²

    Tony Guest

    Nice. What would you think about cropping 15-20% off the right side? I know
    this will place the bench and man more "off center", but I kind of liked it
    a bit better.

    Tony, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Salle ®²ºº²

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:41:30 GMT, "Salle ®²ºº²" <>
    wrote:

    >In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
    >this time of the year.
    >Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
    >In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
    >(exactly -40F)
    >
    >http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

    Oooooo. *Nice* pic.

    Reminded me of the park in Stratford
    I used to walk in daily.

    Ms.Jaime
    Ms. Jaime, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Salle ®²ºº²

    MikeWhy Guest

    I hate to be the one to say it... That's not the most photogenic tree I've
    seen, and the much more interesting human element is lost in its sprawling
    vastness. Find a better tree, or crop more tightly to focus on the people
    enjoying the unaccustomed warmth. (I think the lower right 700x500 or so
    pixels are a good start. I'd bring it in even tighter, losing another about
    100 pixels off the right, and about 50 off the top.) The colors and lighting
    are extraordinary. I do hope you find a print that says what you're after in
    that there.

    MikeWhy, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Salle ®²ºº²

    nobody Guest

    "MikeWhy" <> wrote:

    > > http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

    > I hate to be the one to say it... That's not the most photogenic tree I've
    > seen, and the much more interesting human element is lost in its sprawling
    > vastness. <snip>

    The dynamics of the area *is* the photograph. 4 benches, 6 people,
    dwarfed by the sprawling vastness of an otherwise ordinary tree. The
    moment was perfectly captured.
    nobody, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Hehe... yes there is more that can be done to composition of this photo. I
    would have chopped that tree to the right (or use less envirnmentally
    damaging clone-out technique in PS) and crop a bit more. I did not
    deliberatey set out to take pics - I just had the camera in the trunk and I
    stopped in the middle of the road to snap a few. Anyway, this is straight
    out of camera RAW, converted as shot, saturation +12, light unsharp mask
    (0.5, 120%) and that's it. White balance worked good in this case, colors
    were as you see them on screen. Good old 24mm/2.8 prime lens at f/8.
    Salle ®²ºº², Oct 9, 2003
  8. Salle ®²ºº²

    George Kerby Guest

    On 10/8/03 6:28 PM, in article M41hb.50627$pl3.46916@pd7tw3no, "Salle ®²ºº²"
    <> wrote:

    > Hehe... yes there is more that can be done to composition of this photo. I
    > would have chopped that tree to the right (or use less envirnmentally
    > damaging clone-out technique in PS) and crop a bit more. I did not
    > deliberatey set out to take pics - I just had the camera in the trunk and I
    > stopped in the middle of the road to snap a few. Anyway, this is straight
    > out of camera RAW, converted as shot, saturation +12, light unsharp mask
    > (0.5, 120%) and that's it. White balance worked good in this case, colors
    > were as you see them on screen. Good old 24mm/2.8 prime lens at f/8.

    ANY photography education teaches one to compose the shot w/o cropping in
    mind, unless there is a format consideration involved. Y our composition was
    excellent in my humble opinion.

    George Kerby, Oct 9, 2003
  9. Salle ®²ºº²

    Ina Sterk Guest

    "Salle ®²ºº²" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > In Saskatchewan, Canada, we have been enjoying unusuallly warm weather for
    > this time of the year.
    > Leaves stayed on the trees longer, and created some beautiful colors.
    > In a few months, we will likely have our usual winter temperatures of -40C
    > (exactly -40F)
    >
    > http://www.grubor.ca/fall.jpg

    Very nice picture!

    -= Ina =-