    time, any place, any move.

    What more to be said ?

    Thanks !

    Knut Arvid Keilen, Jul 8, 2007

  2. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    > In 1982 the United Kingdom re-established its sovereignty on the Falkland
    > Islands in the South-Pacific.

    You think the Falklands are in the Pacific? Great job, spot on accurate.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 8, 2007

  3. "Rôgêr" <> skrev i melding
    > Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    >> In 1982 the United Kingdom re-established its sovereignty on the Falkland
    >> Islands in the South-Pacific.

    > You think the Falklands are in the Pacific? Great job, spot on accurate.

    South-Atlantic, West and East Falklands, Main Capital is Stanley, airport
    close by.

    Sorry for that error. My ears are dead.

    Knut Arvid Keilen, Jul 8, 2007
  4. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

    > Sorry for that error. My ears are dead.

    It's the stuff inbetween that's worrying me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 8, 2007
  5. "Knut Arvid Keilen" <> wrote in message
    > In 1982 the United Kingdom re-established its sovereignty on the Falkland
    > Islands in the South-Pacific.
    >
    > About 3 years later its Goverment dispatched some 2 units based on
    > separate functionalietis therefore having a "special function".
    >
    > One of them were a Special Branch Unit. The other one was s Special Branch
    > Executive Unit carrying with it
    > Nuclear Arms and willing and able to use "at will".
    >
    > Apparently it is a clean place to live. Police Jurisdiction is Final at
    > any time, any place, any move.
    >
    > What more to be said ?

    Well, how about some actual sane facts?

    Special Branch is an arm of the civil police force and, as such, does not
    have nuclear weapons.

    In general there are no nuclear weapons based in the Falklands, but from
    time to time Royal Naval vessels with nuclear capabilities do visit. Even
    then it is no longer common for RN surface vessels to routinely carry
    nuclear weapons.

    Richard Parkin, Jul 9, 2007
  6. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Ian Hodgkiss Guest

    im a bit young to remember this but was it anything like trying establish
    sovereignty on Iraq ?

    Ian Hodgkiss, Jul 9, 2007
  7. "Ian Hodgkiss" <> wrote in message
    > im a bit young to remember this but was it anything like trying establish
    > sovereignty on Iraq ?

    Well, both invasions were politically motivated; Argentina was in the grip
    of a major social and economic crisis in the late 70s / early 80s, and
    "General" Galtieri thought that a nice, quick war to re-establish
    sovereignty over the "Malvinas" would be nicely diverting for the Jose in
    the street.

    What he got was a good kicking ;)

    Richard Parkin, Jul 10, 2007
  8. Knut Arvid Keilen

    ToyalP2 Guest

    More like re-instating another Britain's pirates base, after all they
    have pirated all over the world.

    ToyalP2, Jul 12, 2007