    paid by advertisement companies?
    Just curious!
    , Jun 18, 2006

  2. Stacey Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
    > showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
    > Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
    > somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
    > they the companies which look around or track you down on what
    > preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
    > paid by advertisement companies?
    > Just curious!

    I haven't the slightest idea. But have you looked these companies up with a
    search. Then you should figure it out that way. Now as far as flashing
    adverts(which Google doesn't use) I think you might have some adware on your
    computer.

    Stacey

    --
    Rustic Decor - http://crookedcreekcountry.com
    Father - http://allgiftshop.net/occasion-gifts/fathers-day-gifts.htm
    Stacey, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Georgie Guest

    Akamai is kind of a hosting compnay for big traffic websites, loads of big
    companies use them to mirror data. Don't worry about them. Dont know what
    falkag is, could be the same idea

    Georgie, Jun 18, 2006
  4. Guest

    Falkag is same as google adword and google adsense.
    Georgie wrote:
    > Akamai is kind of a hosting compnay for big traffic websites, loads of big
    > companies use them to mirror data. Don't worry about them. Dont know what
    > falkag is, could be the same idea
    >

    > "Stacey" <> wrote in message
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >> Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
    > >> showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
    > >> Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
    > >> somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
    > >> they the companies which look around or track you down on what
    > >> preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
    > >> paid by advertisement companies?
    > >> Just curious!

    > > I haven't the slightest idea. But have you looked these companies up with
    > > a search. Then you should figure it out that way. Now as far as flashing
    > > adverts(which Google doesn't use) I think you might have some adware on
    > > your computer.
    > >
    > > Stacey
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rustic Decor - http://crookedcreekcountry.com
    > > Father - http://allgiftshop.net/occasion-gifts/fathers-day-gifts.htm
    > > All Occasion Gifts for The Family- http://allgiftshop.net/
    > > Graduation http://allgiftshop.net/special-gifts/graduation-gifts.htm

    , Jun 19, 2006
  5. Todd H. Guest

    writes:
    > Using Google search engine, sometimes I found that flashing addresses
    > showing at the bottom of the screen make connections to Akamai or
    > Falkag. What do these two companies do? I believe that Akamai is
    > somewhere from the Eastern part of USA, and Falkag from Germany? Are
    > they the companies which look around or track you down on what
    > preferences that you have as you seach through the internet? are they
    > paid by advertisement companies?
    > Just curious!

    Akamai is not to feared, really. They're a clever caching and content
    delivery and load balancing service that mirrors data for large web
    sites and delivers data to ya quickly by feeding you data from servers
    that are "near" to your IP address. So, if you're in say, Indiana
    USA, akamai's technology feeds you a google IP address that
    corresponds to a server that's near you in Indiana so your data comes
    quicker than say, if it were all served off a central server.

    More here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai

    --
    Todd H.