    It will soon be upgraded to the latest 12.2 GD image if that has any
    bearing on this.

    thanks

    Bill F, Mar 4, 2005

  2. On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:53:11 GMT, Bill F <> wrote:

    ~ I just tried to configure the serial ints in a ppp multilink group for
    ~ fair-queue. I had to first turn off ppp multilink on each ser int to
    ~ configure fair-queue. Then when I re-enable ppp multilink on the int
    ~ the config once again showed no fair-queue. I was however able to
    ~ configure the multilink int for fair-queue. Does the multilink int
    ~ queue cfg override the individual ser int members? It kind of makes
    ~ sense that it would as I know you apply service-policy command to the
    ~ multilink int as opposed to the physical ints, but, I'm just curious
    ~ why it won't allow the physical ints to be configured for fair-queue at
    ~ the same time.
    ~
    ~ This router is running c3640-i-mz.121-1.T.bin
    ~
    ~ It will soon be upgraded to the latest 12.2 GD image if that has any
    ~ bearing on this.
    ~
    ~ thanks

    MLPPP can't fair-queue to its member links because MLPPP is required
    to deliver its frames in sequence. Apply your fancy queueing (which
    may or may not work depending) to the bundle not to the members.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Mar 4, 2005