    When we disable fair-queing everything works fine. This is only
    happening on two particular interfaces. What could the causes be?
    Please let me know if more infor is required.

    Douw Gerber, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Douw Gerber

    CCIE8122 Guest

    > We are currently running a 3640 with IOS 12.0(7)T. We connect
    > customers to the router via E1. We have to particular serial
    > interfaces (customer) that if fair-queing is enabled on the interface
    > we start getting interface resets and CRC errors. The line protocol
    > will be up for about 20 seconds then the line protocol goes down.
    > When we disable fair-queing everything works fine. This is only
    > happening on two particular interfaces. What could the causes be?
    > Please let me know if more infor is required.

    I had some nasty stuff like that on 12.0 with FQ, IPSec, and
    fast-switching. Your options really are either disable FQ, or to
    upgrade your IOS, I would recommend 12.2, especially if you are doing
    VPN on the beast. When I upgraded the IOS, it fixed my issues, and it
    was a published bug, IIRC.

    HTH

    kr

    CCIE8122, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Douw Gerber

    Douw Gerber Guest

    Thanks very much for the reply - spoke to my colleagues and apparently
    we are decomissioning this router so we will just not use FQ for the
    moment.

    I will be posting another question - will be about Content Based
    Weighted Fair Queing versus other Traffic/Congestion management
    methods - keep an eye out for it - thanks

    Douw

    Douw Gerber, Nov 12, 2003