    JC Guest

    Did anyone see that Owen Barnes on Fair Go? Had a website pcguy.co.nz
    but has now gone. Great business model he had huh?

    JC, Aug 20, 2003

  2. JC

    art Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:56:42 +1200, JC
    <> wrote:

    >Did anyone see that Owen Barnes on Fair Go? Had a website pcguy.co.nz
    >but has now gone. Great business model he had huh?

    I a way I did feel a little sorry for him, but really he should have
    communciated better with his clients. People get sick, and when
    working by yourself, things can go downhill very quickly amd it can be
    difficult to get back on top of things.

    art, Aug 20, 2003

  3. JC

    Allistar Guest

    art wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:56:42 +1200, JC
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Did anyone see that Owen Barnes on Fair Go? Had a website pcguy.co.nz
    >>but has now gone. Great business model he had huh?

    > I a way I did feel a little sorry for him, but really he should have
    > communciated better with his clients. People get sick, and when
    > working by yourself, things can go downhill very quickly amd it can be
    > difficult to get back on top of things.

    He owed them money and admitted they wouldn't get it as he didn't have it.
    Pretty unprofessional.

    Allistar, Aug 20, 2003
  4. JC

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    JC <> wrote in

    > Did anyone see that Owen Barnes on Fair Go? Had a website pcguy.co.nz
    > but has now gone. Great business model he had huh?

    Yep, sure did. I liked the photo of him - great advertising looking stone
    and drunk out of his mind. Flash house he operated out of as well. On the
    other hand he might be a really nice guy just needing to get his sh1t
    together.

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

    Chris Mayhew, Aug 20, 2003
  5. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:56:42 +1200, JC wrote:

    > Did anyone see that Owen Barnes on Fair Go? Had a website pcguy.co.nz
    > but has now gone. Great business model he had huh?

    Almost all small outfits have an operational life of 18 months.

    They run 8-10% markups, use cheap components and the warranty costs kill
    them.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 20, 2003
  6. JC

    James Guest

    I blame the Suppliers to some extent. They really should have a vetting
    process. Most of them allow any fly-by-nighter to buy off them. It makes the
    industry as a whole look bad.

    James, Aug 20, 2003
  7. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:37:20 +1200, James wrote:

    > I blame the Suppliers to some extent. They really should have a vetting
    > process. Most of them allow any fly-by-nighter to buy off them. It makes the
    > industry as a whole look bad.

    Most cheap suppliers bought off edge. If you think the flybynighters were
    bad, you haven't dealt with Edge. They were the source of something like
    90% of Quantum's warranty claims (grey market importer) and it was almost
    entirely down to poor packaging when shipping to retailers.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 21, 2003
  8. JC

    Wyn Guest

    James wrote:
    > I blame the Suppliers to some extent. They really should have a
    > vetting process. Most of them allow any fly-by-nighter to buy off
    > them. It makes the industry as a whole look bad.

    Err... wasn't he dealing in second hand gear?

    Wyn

    Wyn, Aug 21, 2003
  9. On 21 Aug 2003 Robert Kramer wrote :

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:08:35 +1200, Anybody
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <g5_0b.12865$>, "Wyn"
    >><> wrote:

    >>> Err... wasn't he dealing in second hand gear?

    >>Yep, probably stolen too. :-\

    > And I hope that he read this and has you for Slander..

    Changed your name AGAIN?

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - SPRUNG again!
    None so thick as those who WON'T learn.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 21, 2003
  10. JC

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:22:48 +1200, Robert Kramer
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:08:35 +1200, Anybody <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <g5_0b.12865$>, "Wyn"
    >><> wrote:

    >>> Err... wasn't he dealing in second hand gear?

    >>Yep, probably stolen too. :-\

    >And I hope that he read this and has you for Slander..

    Dillhole, he can't afford to refund money, let alone a lawyer.

    Invisible, Aug 21, 2003
  11. JC

    Anybody Guest

    In article <>, Robert
    Kramer <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:08:35 +1200, Anybody <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <g5_0b.12865$>, "Wyn"
    > ><> wrote:

    > >> Err... wasn't he dealing in second hand gear?

    > >Yep, probably stolen too. :-\

    > And I hope that he read this and has you for Slander..

    What slander?? The guy's a boil on the bum of life ... equally as bad
    as that spammer git earlier in the week. :-(

    Anybody, Aug 21, 2003
  12. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:50:57 +1200, Anybody <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Robert
    >Kramer <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:08:35 +1200, Anybody <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Yep, probably stolen too. :-\

    >> And I hope that he read this and has you for Slander..

    >What slander?? The guy's a boil on the bum of life ... equally as bad
    >as that spammer git earlier in the week. :-(

    So you have met him and know him personally..?

    Robert Kramer, Aug 21, 2003
  13. JC

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Robert
    Kramer <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:50:57 +1200, Anybody <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>, Robert
    > >Kramer <> wrote:

    > >> And I hope that he read this and has you for Slander..

    > >What slander?? The guy's a boil on the bum of life ... equally as bad
    > >as that spammer git earlier in the week. :-(

    > So you have met him and know him personally..?

    I don't need (or want) to meet the fool. He's obviously a rip-off
    artist to some degree otherwise Fair Go wouldn't be involved, and ALL
    rip-off artists are scum. Unfortunately the planet is overflowing with
    scum like this who take advantage of others for their own selfish,
    greedy wishes.

    *IF* this guy was truely just an unlucky businessman, then he'd offer
    to pay back the people as/when he could, not basically say "I don't
    have the money, so too bad".

    Your Name, Aug 21, 2003
  14. JC

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Allistar" wrote
    > He owed them money and admitted they wouldn't get it as he didn't have it.
    > Pretty unprofessional.

    Also pretty honest.

    T.N.O., Aug 22, 2003
  15. JC

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Your Name <> wrote in

    So you have met him and know him personally..?

    > I don't need (or want) to meet the fool. He's obviously a rip-off
    > artist to some degree otherwise Fair Go wouldn't be involved, and ALL
    > rip-off artists are scum. Unfortunately the planet is overflowing with
    > scum like this who take advantage of others for their own selfish,
    > greedy wishes.
    >
    > *IF* this guy was truely just an unlucky businessman, then he'd offer
    > to pay back the people as/when he could, not basically say "I don't
    > have the money, so too bad".

    I agree, 110%

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

    Chris Mayhew, Aug 24, 2003
  16. JC

    The Flash Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > Your Name <> wrote in
    >
    > So you have met him and know him personally..?
    > >
    > > I don't need (or want) to meet the fool. He's obviously a rip-off
    > > artist to some degree otherwise Fair Go wouldn't be involved, and ALL
    > > rip-off artists are scum. Unfortunately the planet is overflowing with
    > > scum like this who take advantage of others for their own selfish,
    > > greedy wishes.
    > >
    > > *IF* this guy was truely just an unlucky businessman, then he'd offer
    > > to pay back the people as/when he could, not basically say "I don't
    > > have the money, so too bad".
    > >

    > I agree, 110%
    >
    > --
    > Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

    Starting a business in NZ is about as hard as getting a woman pregnant,
    while the problems arrive 9 months later in the case of pregnancy the former
    have often expired well within in the first 9 months.

    As our bottom dollar, cheapest purchase price at all cost mentality prevails
    the place for the fly by night scam artist is wide open, combine that with
    computer gurus starting their own 'companies' but still living at home with
    mom and dad and the market is filled with traps for the ignorant. I use to
    feel sorry for the people who lost money or ended up with a substandard
    computer - I don't now, I happily give them a reasonable bill to fix the
    problems and if they don't like it I tell them what to do, I make sure that
    they will never deal with me again, As I have found over the past decade 95%
    of my problems come from 5% of my clients. I now turnaway around 33% of new
    customers at first contact. My stress levels have dropped and my customer
    satisfaction level is excellent.

    The Flash, Aug 27, 2003