Faint Lines when printing with ZoomBrowser

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by noonehere@mail.com, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I'm attempting to use ZoomBrowser to print out digital photos from my
    Canon PowerShot A95, using an inexpensive HP 4110 - not really photo
    quality printer, but I've printed off pretty good pictures in the past.

    No matter what I do, I get faint horizontal lines in the photos, about
    every 3/8 inches. I've tried calibrating and cleaning the printer
    heads, looking for options in ZoomBrowser, using plain and photo
    quality paper, but the lines still print.

    But if I print using Microsoft Photo Editor, the pictures come out
    great with no lines.

    I've seen a couple posts related to the same problem with ZoomBrowser,
    but they haven't helped.

    Any ideas on how th eliminate these lines using ZoomBrowser?

    Thanks,

    Mark

    , Apr 18, 2005

  2. Dirty Harry Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm attempting to use ZoomBrowser to print out digital photos from my
    > Canon PowerShot A95, using an inexpensive HP 4110 - not really photo
    > quality printer, but I've printed off pretty good pictures in the past.
    >

    > No matter what I do, I get faint horizontal lines in the photos, about
    > every 3/8 inches. I've tried calibrating and cleaning the printer
    > heads, looking for options in ZoomBrowser, using plain and photo
    > quality paper, but the lines still print.
    >
    > But if I print using Microsoft Photo Editor, the pictures come out
    > great with no lines.
    >
    > I've seen a couple posts related to the same problem with ZoomBrowser,
    > but they haven't helped.
    >
    > Any ideas on how th eliminate these lines using ZoomBrowser?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    Could it be roller tracks? My HP9650 leaves tracks like crazy. Never HP
    again...

    Dirty Harry, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    The only thing is that it prints fine from Microsoft Photo Editor.
    Although it does
    appear to be printer related, as when I attempt to print with
    ZoomBrowser, the lines are
    always in the direction of the tracks, whether I print the picture
    portrait or landscape.

    What's odd is it only happens with ZoomBrowser.

    Mark

    , Apr 19, 2005
  4. Double R Guest

    If you are using Zoombrowser v5 then select the photo-print-contact sheet
    print- you will have no lines! If you are using an older version then go get
    v5 from the canon website - its very good.

    HTH - Double R

    Double R, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Dirty Harry Guest

    "Double R" <> wrote in message
    > If you are using Zoombrowser v5 then select the photo-print-contact sheet
    > print- you will have no lines! If you are using an older version then go

    get
    > v5 from the canon website - its very good.
    >
    > HTH - Double R
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > The only thing is that it prints fine from Microsoft Photo Editor.
    > > Although it does
    > > appear to be printer related, as when I attempt to print with
    > > ZoomBrowser, the lines are
    > > always in the direction of the tracks, whether I print the picture
    > > portrait or landscape.
    > >
    > > What's odd is it only happens with ZoomBrowser.
    > >
    > > Mark

    What does it do differently? I've been trying to slow mine down so it does
    roll over the wet ink, but even when I turn the dry time to max this POS
    still leaves tracks. I'd also like to add that I'm using genuine HP ink and
    PhotoPaper. First I thought it was my printer but I exchanged it and the
    new one does the same thing. HP9650=POS is all i have to say.

    Dirty Harry, Apr 19, 2005
  6. Double R Guest

    If you choose "layout print" from Zoombrowser then you will get horizontal
    lines on the paper with "Contact sheet" this does not happen.
    Double R

    Double R, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Guest

    Well, I tried downloading ZoomBrowser 5.0, and printed "Contact Sheet".

    No difference, still the lines. It must be some combination of the HP
    Printer and ZoomBrowser. I guess I'll look for a better application or
    printer.

    Thanks to all for you input.

    Regards,

    Mark

    , Apr 20, 2005
  8. BucketButt Guest

    wrote:
    > Well, I tried downloading ZoomBrowser 5.0, and printed "Contact Sheet".
    >

    > No difference, still the lines. It must be some combination of the HP
    > Printer and ZoomBrowser. I guess I'll look for a better application or
    > printer.
    >
    > Thanks to all for you input.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark

    I'm new to this thread so I don't know exactly what your problem is, but
    I had a severe streaking problem with my old DeskJet 682C printer.
    Problem was that I had simply worn out the printer with years of fairly
    high-volume printing, and it couldn't reposition the paper accurately
    enough on each pass of the printhead/cartridge. These things happen
    over time; I needed a new printer, so I bought another HP and the
    problem disappeared.

    Btw, if you do need a new printer and you're an intermediate-to-advanced
    photographer who wants a new printer that does more than *just* print, I
    can personally vouch for the HP PSC2610. No all-in-one unit is going to
    do its various functions as well as really good separate units, but this
    is one AIO that really is pretty good at photo printing and scanning.
    The black ink cartridge can be replaced with a "photo ink" cartridge
    (not included with the printer) that allows for six-color photo printing
    up to 8x10; it might not be up there with the best Epsons, but it's a
    good all-around performer that's more than adequate for most amateur
    photographers. Multi-format card reader and PictBridge-compatible USB
    port are mounted on the front of the unit, and it's smart enough to do
    basic printing, scanning copying and faxing without requiring a
    computer. YMMV, but I like mine.

    --
    Walter Luffman Medina, TN USA
    Amateur curmudgeon, equal opportunity annoyer

    BucketButt, Apr 20, 2005