    list the MINIMUM solution dedicated to each requirement for cost down.
    Any solution is welcome, not only Cisco solution.

    Regards,

    Michael Shiah, Jul 7, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Michael Shiah <> wrote:
    :Our company has a web server(IIS) presenting our products. Now We're
    :gonna install two web servers and setup a new environment as follows:

    :1. We wanna an environment which has failover function between the two
    :servers.
    :2. We wanna an environment which has STATEFUL failover function
    :between the two servers.
    :3. We wanna an environment which has load balance function between the
    :two server.

    :Can anyone give me some advise to the solutions above?

    Generally speaking, the Cisco solution to those tasks would be
    the CSS series such as the CSS 11050. There is a comparison chart
    of the models at
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/11000/prodlit/2193_pp.htm

    As, though, you asked for the "MINIMAL" solution, you may wish to
    look into Microsoft's own clustering software. I seem to recall
    reading recently that some people consider that software to be
    less reliable than they might hope, but reliability was not
    one of the factors you asked us to consider in presenting the
    "minimal" solutions.
    --
    Perposterous!! Where would all the calculators go?!

    Walter Roberson, Jul 7, 2003

  3. You could probable look at the cisco localdirector 417 as well,
    cheaper alternative, but does not do caching. also i think the
    css11050 has reached EOL

    Mike

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/localdir/ld417hig/ld417ovr.htm

    Michael Hatzis, Jul 9, 2003