    the operation failed because :

    failed finding a suitable domain controller for the domain x.com

    "the specified domain either dose not exist or could not be contacted.

    FESWANY, Jan 23, 2005

  2. FESWANY

    catwalker63 Guest

    "FESWANY" <> prattled ceaslessly in
    news::

    > when I try to demote active directory
    >
    > this massage appear
    >
    > the operation failed because :
    >
    > failed finding a suitable domain controller for the domain x.com
    >
    > "the specified domain either dose not exist or could not be
    > contacted.

    Are you running dcpromo on an actual domain controller for said domain?
    Have you checked your DNS settings for this machine? DNS server
    records? (Pay particular attention to Service Location (SRV) records.)
    Do you have a working DNS server with the appropriate capabilities?

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 23, 2005

  3. FESWANY

    catwalker63 Guest

    You also may have a failure or connectivity problem to the Domain Naming
    master role. Open Active Directory Domains and Trusts, right-click on
    Active Directory Domains and Trusts in the console tree and click
    Operations Master. You can view and change the server responsible for
    this role here.

    catwalker63, Jan 24, 2005
  4. FESWANY

    GOD Guest