    In case access through the internet is difficult/impossible, my landline
    number is (01355) 523785. I do not know yet whether I will be successful in
    sending this message to you, given the difficulty of access to the server.
    A. Scott, May 21, 2004

  2. A. Scott wrote:

    > I am getting a pop-up window asking for user name and password for
    > authorisation for connection to the pop3.blueyonder.co.uk server. What I
    > have tried typing in has not helped so far; so maybe I am not remembering
    > the correct username and/or password ? I normally get access authorisation
    > without this pop-up box appearing, going in as previously advised by your
    > support staff.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help you are able to offer to resolve this situation
    > promptly, thank you.
    >
    > In case access through the internet is difficult/impossible, my landline
    > number is (01355) 523785. I do not know yet whether I will be successful in
    > sending this message to you, given the difficulty of access to the server.

    This is an international newsgroup and not the help desk for
    your ISP.

    Quite possibly your ISP server is simply overloaded and your
    username and password are fine - you just need to leave it a
    while and try again. This is "normal" on many mail servers
    so get used to it.

    So chill out, have a beer or two and then try again.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 21, 2004

  3. A. Scott

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:32:53 +0100, A. Scott wrote:

    Contact your ISP.

    Help & Support
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_homepage

    >I am getting a pop-up window asking for user name and password for
    >authorisation for connection to the pop3.blueyonder.co.uk server. What I
    >have tried typing in has not helped so far; so maybe I am not remembering

    It's not anything to do with this is it?

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/tickets/6386398.html
    Time Stamp 21 May, 2004 08:19
    Some customers may be experiencing difficulties accessing their email.
    Our engineers are aware of this issue. Our apologies for any
    inconvenience caused.

    Last Modified Name Customers Affected Estimated Time Status
    Priority
    21 May, 2004 19:19 George Lee Email 4hrs Closed P1

    Detailed Description
    Our engineers have advised that the databases affected by this issue are
    now functioning normally. Blueyonder would like to apologise for any
    inconvenience this fault may have caused.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, May 21, 2004
  4. A. Scott

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: A. Scott stated for the record...
    > I am getting a pop-up window asking for user name and password for
    > authorisation for connection to the pop3.blueyonder.co.uk server.
    > What I have tried typing in has not helped so far; so maybe I am not
    > remembering the correct username and/or password ? I normally get
    > access authorisation without this pop-up box appearing, going in as
    > previously advised by your support staff.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help you are able to offer to resolve this
    > situation promptly, thank you.
    >
    > In case access through the internet is difficult/impossible, my
    > landline number is (01355) 523785. I do not know yet whether I will
    > be successful in sending this message to you, given the difficulty of
    > access to the server.

    Blueyonder were having national difficulties a few days ago that are now
    resolved - ring the freephone status hotline for updates - number's on your
    bill.
    slylittlei, May 22, 2004