    Ireland, DO NOT take them in TQ training on Pearse St.,
    noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
    together, interruptions --- just horrible!

    dunfailed, Nov 14, 2003

  2. I had mismanaged my time with the 70-305 as well. Totally underestimated how
    much time I was spending on each question at the beginning, until I had 30
    minutes and 20 questions left. Time to crank...

    Better luck next time!!

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    Leigh Kendall, Nov 14, 2003

  3. dunfailed

    Charlie Guest

    That's too bad but if it will help just a tiny bit, you have a lot of
    company, myself included.

    The way that I manage my time is by breaking the test into quarters and
    writing the minutes
    that should be left at each quarter interval so that I can keep pushing
    myself all throughout the
    test.

    I answer every question even if I don't have a clue and mark it for review
    later, if I have time.

    I also keep track of the quality of my answers.
    N - NO IDEA
    M - Maybe

    If I know what percentage of questions are needed to pass, I write the
    number of
    required correct answers down so that I know when I can ease up.
    GOAL:
    I've noted that some people in this group criticize those that want to know
    the passing percentage
    but this information helps to ease the pressure somewhat.

    I hope that this info is helpful to all.

    Please add more points and tips so that we all can benefit.

    Enjoy,

    Charlie, Nov 14, 2003
  4. dunfailed

    - Guest

    I also was running out of time for 70-315 (similar to 70-305). Among 70-316,
    70-315, and 70-320; 70-315 seem to have the most long questions.

    I usually break the total time allowed into two parts, or four parts, and
    then make sure that I answer a certain number of questions within those time
    frames.

    Good luck for next time.

    -, Nov 14, 2003
  5. dunfailed

    dunfailed Guest

    Yeah that sounds about right, thanks for the advice. I
    will have to adopt a policy like that.
    I was totally chilling for the 1st half. But I was lulled
    into a false sense of security I though I'd have 2 1/2
    hours for the exam - thats how long the test centre told
    me i'd have. Someone else on this site said the max no. of
    questions would be about 50 - so i went in thinking time
    wouldnt be an issue. It was.

    The passing score it cited was 700, I got 644. Nuts.

    Does the number of questions and time allowed vary from
    sitting to sitting for 70-305???? Or will it be the same
    next time round for me 55 questions 2hrs???

    dunfailed, Nov 14, 2003
  6. > noisey, crap resolution, small monitors, PC's too close
    > together, interruptions --- just horrible!

    Coincidentally, these factors you describe match the environmental
    requirements for Microsoft Certified Exam Providers.
    I'm kidding.

    You'll pass it next time. Keep your chin up.

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Nov 14, 2003
  7. dunfailed

    dunfailed Guest

    thanks!! i'm hearing that a lot of people do that. Sounds
    like a plan for sure. A change of venue is also on the
    cards!

    dunfailed, Nov 14, 2003
  8. dunfailed

    Paisleyskye Guest