Failed 70-300 today

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Teddi Easlon, Sep 23, 2003.

  1. Teddi Easlon

    Teddi Easlon Guest

    I failed the 70.300 exam today. I know I was very close to passing,
    however, the score only shows pass/fail. On the exam was a case study about
    an e-commerce web app that had an extensive question about the correct
    method of testin from a stagging server.

    Also in this case study was a question about if you should upgrade from SQL
    Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000. I said yes, however, in the interview with
    the finance manager she said "we must keep cost down and will continue to
    use the current inventory database." I'm now wondering if I should not have
    included upgrading to SQL Server 2000. It used a XML Web service as part of
    the solution and I thought I would need SQL Server 2000 for this.

    One of the other case studies was about a law firm whose mainframe billing
    app can only accept TCP/IP binary communications protocol. Should given the
    choice of a Transactional serviced component and a queued component which
    should be the correct answer? I answered Transactional service comonent,
    but know I am wondering if I should have used Queued component because of
    the binary communications protocol.

    I would really appreciate any direction. I would like to take the exam
    again this week.

    Teddi, MCSD
    Teddi Easlon, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Teddi Easlon

    Bman MCSD Guest

    Teddi,
    Well to answer your first question... they tricked you.
    You were supposed to stick with SQL 7 and I believe there
    is another question in the same case that says something
    to the effect of keeping existing db structure. That is
    the correct answer for that one too. Now for the Law Firm,
    I believe you are probably referring to A.Datum Corp but
    I'm not sure what question you are referring to. Be more
    specific and I'll see if I can help out.

    Bman MCSD, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Teddi Easlon

    Glyn Guest

    Did none of you sign and agree to a non-disclosure
    agreement at the start of the exam?

    Glyn, Sep 30, 2003