Failed 70-291 again. Doh!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Stu Cousins, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Stu Cousins

    Stu Cousins Guest

    Hey all,

    I failed 70-291 at the 2nd attempt today and failed with 519. This exam
    seemed much, much more difficult than when I sat my 1st attempt a few weeks
    ago. I was confident 1st attempt and some of the questions were tough but
    generally I thought I'd done well. I just missed out on the 1st attempt by
    scoring 677. On my 1st attempt there was 53 questions and there were 43
    questions this time around. The allowed time for both exams was the same (3
    hrs). Is there no consistency between the exams does anyone know?

    I sat my 1st attempt before the new 2nd Shot promotion came in. I booked my
    resit the other week whilst the promotion was in full swing. I may be
    paranoid but do MS make the exams during this promotional period tougher as
    to make up for lost renevue as effectively you're getting 2 exams for the
    price of one if you fail? This exact same thing happened when I sat 70-292
    last Summer when MS had the 2nd Shot promotion on then.

    Has anyone else experienced this or is just the luck of the draw on how may
    questions (and difficulty of them) you recieve on the day?

    Thanks,

    Stu

    Stu Cousins, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Stu Cousins

    FinalHokage Guest

    I am supposed to take 70-291 next thursday, I thought I was lucky to get the
    second shot promotion on time, but it seems that is the other way around.
    Stu, can you provide some information about the dificulty of the exam. can
    you write like how many simulations you encountered? and what were the main
    topics like DNS? SUS? or DHCP something like that?

    thanks for the help!

    FinalHokage, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Re: Failed 70-291 again. Doh!

    FinalHokage wrote:
    > I am supposed to take 70-291 next thursday, I thought I was lucky to get the
    > second shot promotion on time, but it seems that is the other way around.
    > Stu, can you provide some information about the dificulty of the exam. can
    > you write like how many simulations you encountered? and what were the main
    > topics like DNS? SUS? or DHCP something like that?

    Read back a bit, I posted my 291 experience a week or two ago.

    Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Stu Cousins

    Stu Cousins Guest

    Hi FH

    The subject matter for the questions were the samne to when I took

    70-291 several weeks back - mainly RAS, SUS, DNS and Security (templates,
    CA, IPSEC, etc). However, I'm finding it difficult to give you examples on
    how tough the questions were. It seemed very much like 70-292, which I
    found hard. I have a few years sys admin experience, managing 10-20
    infrastructure servers at my workplace (Win 2K and 2K3) and used MS Press
    study guide and MeasureUP tests for study materials.

    I felt as if I knew the MS Press book very well, apart from IP addressing
    and security protocols. The exam seemed to require much more in depth info
    that that provided in that guide. I know we should not all rely on one book
    and instead use several, which is what I normally do. I admit that I don't
    know enough to pass the exam but I'm just confused (and frustrated) as to
    the levels of difficulty inconsistency between the two versions I took. I'm
    not bitter at all............honest!! LOL.

    Hope this helps and good luck

    Stu Cousins, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Stu Cousins

    VN Guest

    DO NOT USE MS PRESS BOOKS TO STUDY FOR MS EXAMS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

    VN, Mar 3, 2006
  6. Re: Failed 70-291 again. Doh!

    VN wrote:
    > DO NOT USE MS PRESS BOOKS TO STUDY FOR MS EXAMS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
    >
    > "Stu Cousins" wrote:
    > <snip>

    1. Don't toppost
    2. Don't shout
    3. You don't have a fucking idea what you're talking about!

    Jeroen

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 3, 2006