Failed 70-290

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Neil, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Hi

    I bought the book MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing
    and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 Environment recommended by
    Microsoft, also bought the Measureup exams for 70-290. I've completely gone
    through the whole book and did all the tasks (including the Prepare for Exam
    section). I've done the Measureup exams and the best score I got was 75%
    (which I thought would be good enough to pass as the real exams the pass
    mark is 700). I've even gone that much further and set up two test servers
    and 1 workstation to practice on using the book. When I did the exam I only
    got a mark of 590. I really can't see why I did so badly as I have spent
    many months studying for the exams just to get this bad score? I was not
    entirely happy with the exam as quite a few questions were asked on topics
    which are not coverered in the book.

    I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation, or could get me some
    advise on other things I could try. I don't really want to fork out
    thousands on training.

    Thanks

    Neil

    Neil, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Sorry for the exam result Neil. My experience with MS exams are they are
    tough. Not only do you have to have good reading and comprehension skills,
    you have to really study the questions being asked and weed out the known
    wrong answers and sometimes choose between two answers that look like they
    might be a right answer.

    I've taken around 10 or 12 MS exams as well as other vendor exams and I'm
    never comfortable with MS exams. Luckily MS is offering currently a failed
    exam you can take another for free. If you didn't know about it go to their
    MCP site and look it up.

    I'm studying for the 70-290 currently using the transcenders and a couple of
    books. I have some experience with Server OS but not a lot.

    Good luck on your next try and remember that MS exams are tough and your not
    alone.

    Adios,

    Paul

    Pablo the once was MCSE, Mar 10, 2006

  3. Neil

    The Mad One Guest

    Dont rely on what you have use several like sybex or transcender which i
    thought was brill good luck. Niel Essex

    The Mad One, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Champ,

    I also did not pass in first time in this exam.
    Study a little more and I know you can do it!

    Regards,

    Marco A. Rodrigues
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    Marco Rodrigues, Mar 13, 2006