Failed 70-290

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Tippy, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Tippy

    Tippy Guest

    I failed the 70-290 exam last Wednesday and was really
    bummed about it. I was supremely confident on this exam,
    not like the 70-270 exam which I was a nervous wreck, but
    passed quite easily.

    After getting home frustrated and depressed I looked around
    on the net, particulary Microsoft and started to feel a
    little better about myself after reading all the posts
    relating to failed 70-290 exams on here.

    I have been using the MOC for this exam and to my disgust
    there is no mention of Therminal Services or IIS in the
    book, yet the exam had at least 8 questions relating to
    both these topics (that represents 200 points out of 1000).
    I guess I was a little nieve thinking the Microsoft
    curriculum would have everything I needed and I wouldn't
    need to do any more than that and some practise tests.

    Ayway, I was hoping someone would have a similar situation
    and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. I
    have spent half the day on Technet and MSDN but there is no
    simple "read this to know everything" section :)

    Cheers and sympath to the people in the same lonely
    position as me.

    Tippy.

    Tippy, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Tippy

    Brian Guest

    Can I ask you a question? How did you study? Did you take notes? Flash
    cards? etc??

    Brian

    Brian, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Tippy

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Tippy" <> wrote in message
    > I failed the 70-290 exam last Wednesday and was really
    > bummed about it. I was supremely confident on this exam,
    > not like the 70-270 exam which I was a nervous wreck, but
    > passed quite easily.
    >
    > After getting home frustrated and depressed I looked around
    > on the net, particulary Microsoft and started to feel a
    > little better about myself after reading all the posts
    > relating to failed 70-290 exams on here.
    >
    > I have been using the MOC for this exam and to my disgust
    > there is no mention of Therminal Services or IIS in the
    > book, yet the exam had at least 8 questions relating to
    > both these topics (that represents 200 points out of 1000).
    > I guess I was a little nieve thinking the Microsoft
    > curriculum would have everything I needed and I wouldn't
    > need to do any more than that and some practise tests.
    >
    > Ayway, I was hoping someone would have a similar situation
    > and could help me out with some resources on TS and IIS. I
    > have spent half the day on Technet and MSDN but there is no
    > simple "read this to know everything" section :)
    >
    > Cheers and sympath to the people in the same lonely
    > position as me.
    >
    > Tippy.

    Although you have my sympathy, I'm thinking you didn't bother reading the
    Skills Being Measured matrix for 70-290 on the MS web site. It clearly
    includes TS and IIS, and even stresses supplementary material is required
    for these two subjects - in other words, they aren't included in the
    official Microsoft curriculum.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Mar 18, 2005
  4. Tippy

    Guest

    I known you failed your exams .I want to known what the
    version you learned for your exams. I have a version 30 of
    70-290 but i dont known is it the lastest version? .You
    can share your version for me ?.if your'version older me,
    i can share it to you

    , Mar 19, 2005
  5. Reply > "RE: Failed 70-290"

    Hello ,
    To say MS exams are no longer easy to pass. But if u need any study material
    e-mail me at

    See ya,
    Amey.
    [ M.C.P. Since 2002 ; M.C.S.E. Windows 2000 ; M.C.S.A. Windows server
    2003 ; M.C.S.E. Windows server 2003 ]

    Amey Abhyankar., Mar 20, 2005