    --
    cynthia
    , Feb 11, 2008

  2. "" <>
    wrote in message
    news::

    > Hello my name is Cynthia
    > I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in about a
    > week time is there any advice for preparation?
    > --
    > cynthia

    Not being smart Cynthia, but experience with the technology always
    increases your chances. Do you have any Windows Server 2003 experience?
    If you, why do you think you did so poorly on it? And will a week be
    enough to overcome your weaknesses?
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 11, 2008

  3. kpg* Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3ludGhpYXRveTNAYW9sLmNvbQ==?=
    <> wrote in

    > Hello my name is Cynthia
    > I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in
    > about a week time is there any advice for preparation?

    I'm sorry to hear that.

    Just remember - there are no sad banjo songs.
    kpg*, Feb 11, 2008
  4. "" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello my name is Cynthia
    > I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in about a
    > week time is there any advice for preparation?
    > --
    > cynthia

    As Michael stated, experience is a KEY ingredient, but what were you using to
    study with?

    Robert Williams
    CertGuard, Inc.
    www.CertGuard.com
    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Feb 11, 2008
  5. Guest

    No, I do not have any server experience but wha I am doing is taking some old
    pc and making it into a server but moreover some of the questions I saw
    really did not relate to any of the reading I have been doing and also I am
    taking a class to get some of the hand on experience. I saw alot of
    questions on SQL and also, I saw qestions about performance and counter but
    the way they were asked I was just doubtful and I was surpurise. On the 270
    I did really well so, I thought I would just follow the pace I had set.
    --
    cynthia

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:

    > "" <>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > > Hello my name is Cynthia
    > > I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in about a
    > > week time is there any advice for preparation?
    > > --
    > > cynthia

    > Not being smart Cynthia, but experience with the technology always
    > increases your chances. Do you have any Windows Server 2003 experience?
    > If you, why do you think you did so poorly on it? And will a week be
    > enough to overcome your weaknesses?

    , Feb 11, 2008
  6. Guest

    I used the Sybex book which was really easy reading and I knew something was
    wrong even there test were easy.
    --
    cynthia

    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" wrote:

    > "" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > Hello my name is Cynthia
    > > I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in about a
    > > week time is there any advice for preparation?
    > > --
    > > cynthia
    > >

    > As Michael stated, experience is a KEY ingredient, but what were you using to
    > study with?
    >
    > Robert Williams
    > CertGuard, Inc.
    > www.CertGuard.com

    , Feb 11, 2008
  7. CBIC Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > =?Utf-8?B?Y3ludGhpYXRveTNAYW9sLmNvbQ==?=
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hello my name is Cynthia
    >> I took the 290 today and did horrible, I will try and retake it in
    >> about a week time is there any advice for preparation?

    > I'm sorry to hear that.
    >
    > Just remember - there are no sad banjo songs.

    B-A-N-J-O
    B-A-N-J-O
    B-A-N-J-O
    AND BANJO WAS HIS NAME-O
    why is everyone looking at me like that?
    Oh it's bingo-the h3ll you say.
    CBIC, Feb 11, 2008
  8. John R Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > B-A-N-J-O
    > B-A-N-J-O
    > B-A-N-J-O
    > AND BANJO WAS HIS NAME-O
    > why is everyone looking at me like that?
    > Oh it's bingo-the h3ll you say.

    Thanks, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. You couldn't do
    something with 'Stairway to Heaven'?

    John R
    John R, Feb 11, 2008
  9. CBIC Guest

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> AND BANJO WAS HIS NAME-O
    >> why is everyone looking at me like that?
    >> Oh it's bingo-the h3ll you say.

    > Thanks, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day.

    *stands*
    *bows*
    CBIC, Feb 11, 2008
  10. Sybex, from what I understand, are pretty good books; but have you tried MS
    Press or maybe even a CBT that gives you a better hands-on knowledge of the
    hardware?

    If you decide to try an online training site, make sure you verify that they
    won't put your certifications at risk. With the great number of sites out there,
    it's very easy to get caught up with the wrong study materials.

    Here is a list of practice test providers that we've found to be ok.
    http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp

    And here is our search page so that you can verify the status of the study
    materials.
    http://www.CertGuard.com/search.asp

    If you want to search the internet for study materials without having to worry
    about finding tons of illegal materials, try our custom search engine
    http://www.CertGuard.com/certsearch.asp

    Best Regards and good luck on your exams

    Robert Williams
    CertGuard, Inc.
    www.CertGuard.com

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Feb 11, 2008
  11. John R Guest

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> B-A-N-J-O
    >> AND BANJO WAS HIS NAME-O
    >> why is everyone looking at me like that?
    >> Oh it's bingo-the h3ll you say.

    > Thanks, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. You couldn't
    > do something with 'Stairway to Heaven'?
    >
    > John R

    There's a lady who's sure
    She can pass the test like gold
    But you know sometimes questions have two meanings

    When she gets there she knows
    If the sims crash and blow
    With a brain-dump she can get-et what she ca-ame for

    Ou-ou-ou-ou
    And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric

    (With appologies)

    John R
    John R, Feb 11, 2008
  12. Keep in mind that the Microsoft Certifications are "supposed" to be a
    validation of one's experience and expertise with a given product, not proof
    that you passed a test after cramming a bunch of information in your head.

    Is your employer forcing you to become certified?

    MG

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Mostly Gizzards, Feb 11, 2008
  13. CBIC Guest

    Take out the br@indump part and you've got yourself a PotD.
    CBIC, Feb 11, 2008
  14. John R Guest

    >> There's a lady who's sure
    >> She can pass the test like gold
    >> But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >>
    >> When she gets there she knows
    >> If the sims crash and blow
    >> With her hawt-ness she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >>
    >> Ou-ou-ou-ou
    >> And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >>
    >> (With appologies)

    Better?
    John R, Feb 11, 2008
  15. CBIC Guest

    >>> There's a lady who's sure
    >>> She can pass the test like gold
    >>> But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >>>
    >>> When she gets there she knows
    >>> If the sims crash and blow
    >>> With her hawt-ness she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >>>
    >>> Ou-ou-ou-ou
    >>> And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >>>
    >>> (With appologies)

    > Better?

    I likes it
    PotD
    CBIC, Feb 11, 2008
  16. Bill Hileman Guest

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> B-A-N-J-O
    >>> B-A-N-J-O
    >>> B-A-N-J-O
    >>> AND BANJO WAS HIS NAME-O
    >>> why is everyone looking at me like that?
    >>> Oh it's bingo-the h3ll you say.

    >> Thanks, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. You couldn't
    >> do something with 'Stairway to Heaven'?
    >>
    >> John R

    > There's a lady who's sure
    > She can pass the test like gold
    > But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >
    > When she gets there she knows
    > If the sims crash and blow
    > With a brain-dump she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >
    > Ou-ou-ou-ou
    > And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >
    > (With appologies)

    PotD

    Somebody nominate this guy.
    Bill Hileman, Feb 11, 2008
  17. Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in news:
    #:

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> There's a lady who's sure
    >> She can pass the test like gold
    >> But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >>
    >> When she gets there she knows
    >> If the sims crash and blow
    >> With a brain-dump she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >>
    >> Ou-ou-ou-ou
    >> And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >>
    >> (With appologies)
    >>
    >> John R
    >>

    > Take out the br@indump part and you've got yourself a PotD.

    worthy at least of a golf clap

    *clap*

    - If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of
    progress?
    Neil, Feb 11, 2008
  18. Neil Guest

    did you hear "Bill Hileman" <> say in

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks, now I'll have that stupid song in my head all day. You
    >>> couldn't do something with 'Stairway to Heaven'?
    >>>
    >>> John R

    >> There's a lady who's sure
    >> She can pass the test like gold
    >> But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >>
    >> When she gets there she knows
    >> If the sims crash and blow
    >> With a brain-dump she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >>
    >> Ou-ou-ou-ou
    >> And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >>
    >> (With appologies)

    > PotD
    >
    > Somebody nominate this guy.

    seconded (even with the brane-dumpage

    Neil, Feb 11, 2008
  19. kpg* Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in

    > did you hear "Bill Hileman" <> say in
    >
    >> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    >>> There's a lady who's sure
    >>> She can pass the test like gold
    >>> But you know sometimes questions have two meanings
    >>>
    >>> When she gets there she knows
    >>> If the sims crash and blow
    >>> With a brain-dump she can get-et what she ca-ame for
    >>>
    >>> Ou-ou-ou-ou
    >>> And shes buy-uy-ing a vou-ou-cher, to pro-met-het-ric
    >>>
    >>> (With appologies)

    >> PotD
    >>
    >> Somebody nominate this guy.
    >>

    > seconded (even with the brane-dumpage

    T-H-I-R-D-O

    I love a good parody. oh.
    kpg*, Feb 11, 2008
  20. "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    > > Better?
    > >

    > I likes it
    > PotD

    Congrats John, that was a long time coming! Please be sure to update
    your resume to reflect your new achievement.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 11, 2008