Failed 70-290 again!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Dennis Donahoe, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. Don't feel lonely folks...I've passed 13 of 15 MS tests
    on the first attempt but failed 290 Friday. the only
    other one I failed on the first try was Designing SQL
    which I had to take 3 times. I just found an old
    Upgrading to 2000 book that covers some of the material
    in greater depth than the MSPress or Exam Cram2. For 291
    I'm getting both the Sybex and MSpress books. I used that
    combination and passed the 270,271 and 272 all last week.
    Of course I'm STILL unemployed with an MCSE+I NT, MCDBA,
    A+ and MCDST......

    take the next one
    >for free so at least I haven't lost anything. As soon as

    I pass (if I ever
    >manage to pass, that is ;-) I can claim back the initial

    exam fee from work,
    >so I'll get my money back if I pass next time.
    >
    >So, to the exam. I failed with a score of 634 (612 on

    the first attempt).
    >This *really* annoyed me, because I know that I know

    this stuff, and I
    >really thought I had done much better than last time. I

    was answering many
    >more questions and feeling sure of the answer rather

    than just 85% sure
    >which is what I did last time. The fact that I have

    improved my score by
    >such a small amount is so disheartening.
    >
    >Unfortunately the way the some of the questions were

    worded had me going
    >back and changing between answers several times because

    I couldn't decide.
    >It was like, the answer could be A or B, depending on X

    but they don't
    >mention X in the question. I also dislike the way they

    say 'with the least
    >administrative effort' because that implies that you

    have to choose the
    >quickest way and not necessarily the best.
    >
    >So anyway, I might buy another book before retaking it.

    I'm currently
    >working from the Sybex text and I'm not really impressed

    with the quality of
    >the content when compared to the Microsoft text I have

    for 70-270.

    Dennis Donahoe, Mar 12, 2005