Failed 70-219

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Gideon, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Gideon

    Gideon Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone passed this exam before? I am MCSA,MCDBA
    2000 and have 5 years IT and networking experience. I
    have been using Windows Server 2000 almost for 6years now
    and have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
    product.

    I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
    23/02/05, i was not that confident that i will pass the
    exam 'cos of the case studies. i failed
    with a score of 575 and passing score of 700. I have done
    many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
    one (70-219).
    anyon with a suggestion of what might went wrong
    and what I can do to improve and pass the exam will be
    welcome.

    Regards,

    Gideon

    Gideon, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Gideon

    Jaf Guest

    Gideon wrote:
    > Hi all,

    I have done
    > many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
    > one (70-219).

    It's a first time for everything.

    > what I can do to improve and pass the exam will be
    > welcome.

    Read & practise. Don't hang your head. then try again.

    --- failing the 70-297 with a worse score than you

    Jaf, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Gideon

    Jaf Guest

    Jaf wrote:

    > --- failing the 70-297 with a worse score than you

    Retried today - 770 this time.

    Too much stress last time, advice is to read the whole case study before you begin answering the questions. this strategy worked well for me this time ...

    Jaf, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Gideon

    JaR Guest

    [ot] text wrap

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jaf climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Jaf wrote:

    >> --- failing the 70-297 with a worse score than you

    > Retried today - 770 this time.
    >
    > Too much stress last time, advice is to read the whole case study
    > before you begin answering the questions. this strategy worked well
    > for me this time ...

    Your newsreader is borked. Set your column width to <79 chars.

    For T-Bird go to "Options" "Composition" "Wrap text at XX characters.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Jaf wrote:
    > Jaf wrote:

    >> --- failing the 70-297 with a worse score than you

    > Retried today - 770 this time.
    >
    > Too much stress last time, advice is to read the whole case study
    > before you begin answering the questions. this strategy worked well
    > for me this time ...

    Actually, my preferred order is reversed. Read the questions first, then
    read the case study.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 25, 2005
  6. Some can find it easier to read the questions first as well. However in some
    cases, and in some people it's easier read the study first. I do a little
    bit of both. I speed read the case study then read the questions and go
    through the studies more thoroughly. I'm a fast test taker by nature, so it
    isn't uncommon for me to run though a 50-80 question exam in 20-35 minutes.
    So when I took exam 70-220 all the guys at the test center that knew me made
    jokes when it took me 65 minutes to complete the exam. I really hate those
    design tests.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 25, 2005
  7. Gideon

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> Too much stress last time, advice is to read the whole case study
    >> before you begin answering the questions. this strategy worked well
    >> for me this time ...

    > Actually, my preferred order is reversed. Read the questions first, then
    > read the case study.

    AOL.

    Too much misdirection if you read the case study first. Do it the other
    way, and it's easier to parse the relevant bits.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 25, 2005
  8. Gideon

    Jaf Guest

    The Rev (MCT) wrote:
    > Some can find it easier to read the questions first as well. However in some
    > cases, and in some people it's easier read the study first.

    Well, it is decided, then: There is no _correct_ answer to this
    question neither - like many of the other questions asked in this news
    group. We just have to make our own judgment, finding what's the best
    way for us?

    > I really hate those design tests.

    I too do not like this kind of test, does it really test our ability to
    design/manage Windows xxx or does it test how well we understand the
    English language? Totally this one was my 16th exam since the 042 in
    that good ol' days of '96.

    Jaf, Feb 25, 2005