Fail to create IXSSO.Query object

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by csw, Jun 8, 2010.

  1. csw

    csw Guest

    I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 /
    IIS 7.

    * We have the "Indexing Service" started.
    * I have forced IIS to run application pool in 32 bit mode.
    * IXSSO.DLL is present in System32 directory. (dated 7/13/2009 it is from
    W2k8, I assume it is 64 bits)
    * Catalogs were created and looked OK.

    However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object.
    Get the following error message :

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
    ActiveX component can't create object
    /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39

    The ASP code is like this:
    <%
    Dim sSearchString
    Dim oQuery
    Dim results()
    sSearchString = Request.Form("query")
    Const SEARCH_CATALOG = "Headlines"

    Set oQuery =
    Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query")
    oQuery.Catalog = SEARCH_CATALOG
    oQuery.Query = "@all " & sSearchString &
    " AND NOT #path *downloads* AND NOT #path *images* AND NOT #filename *.class
    AND NOT #filename *.asa AND NOT #filename *.css AND NOT #filename
    *postinfo.html AND NOT *.txt AND NOT #filename sendmail.asp, AND NOT
    #filename *defaultpopup.asp"

    oQuery.MaxRecords = 50
    ' sort by creation date
    oQuery.SortBy = "Create[d]"
    'oQuery.SortBy = "rank[d]"
    oQuery.Columns = "Htmlhref, DocAuthor,
    vpath, doctitle, FileName, Path, Write, Size, Rank, Create, Characterization,
    DocCategory, HitCount"
    Set oRS =
    oQuery.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")
    %>

    It crashed at " Set oQuery = Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query") "

    My question:
    Can I replace IXSSO.DLL from W2K (6/19/2003 32 Bit ) on W2K8? Thus the
    "bitness" issue can be resolved. However the process is still 64 bit, isn't
    it?

    I was reading one of the old window VISTA forum. I found this explanation,
    but I cannot put it together to apply to ASP.

    QUOTE
    A VBS file will by default be executed by the WScript.exe in System32 folder
    but on a 64 bit system this is a 64 bit process. Trying to instance the
    class fails since the dll is 32 bit. Using the WScrpt.exe in the SysWOW64
    folder works fine.
    UNQUOTE

    what am I missing?
    csw, Jun 8, 2010