    dots all over the screen, I'm fairly sure this is due to the BIOS settings
    but I cant change them due too a Password which I have not got.

    Thanx.
    Nora McCarthy, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Nora McCarthy

    Robert Baer Guest

    Nora McCarthy wrote:

    > Is there a way of reseting the BIOS without opening my PC up as I only want
    > too open it as a last resort.
    >
    > Because I keep getting a FAIL SAFE STATE message upon boot saying that my
    > CPU has changed which I know has not.
    >
    > and can only seem to stay on for about 20mins before my mouse starts leaving
    > dots all over the screen, I'm fairly sure this is due to the BIOS settings
    > but I cant change them due too a Password which I have not got.
    >
    > Thanx.

    If you wish to *clear* the BIOS, then you must oen the computer to
    move the jumper to the clear position (leave it there for at least 19
    minutes) and thenmove it back to the standard position.

    The problem you are seeing sounds most likely due to a nasty virus.
    Robert Baer, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Robert Baer, <>, wrote:

    > Nora McCarthy wrote:
    >>
    >> Is there a way of reseting the BIOS without opening my PC up as I
    >> only want too open it as a last resort.
    >>
    >> Because I keep getting a FAIL SAFE STATE message upon boot saying
    >> that my CPU has changed which I know has not.
    >>
    >> and can only seem to stay on for about 20mins before my mouse starts
    >> leaving dots all over the screen, I'm fairly sure this is due to the
    >> BIOS settings but I cant change them due too a Password which I have
    >> not got.
    >>
    >> Thanx.

    > If you wish to *clear* the BIOS, then you must oen the computer to
    > move the jumper to the clear position (leave it there for at least 19
    > minutes) and thenmove it back to the standard position.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!

    > The problem you are seeing sounds most likely due to a nasty virus.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Beniprasada Muthukaruppan, Feb 2, 2005