Fahrenhype 911

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the gangbuster
    business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has. Maybe because it features such wack
    jobs and known liars as Ann Coulter, Zell Miller, failed New Nork Major Ed
    Koch, and the best actor in the world (vomit), Ron Silver. What an amazing
    collection of insiders who "were there." Not. This crap is the best work of
    fiction since the "Left Behind" books.

    -------
    "Too many O-B-G-Y-N's aren't able to practice their, their LOVE with women
    all across this country."
    -- George W. Bush, campaign speech, 9/06/04
    -------------------------------
    "You know, I think about Missy Johnson....Her husband PJ got killed. He'd
    been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
    You know, it's hard work to try TO LOVE HER as best as I can, knowing full
    well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "
    -- George W. Bush, first presidential debate, 9/30/2004
    ------------------------------
    "Need some wood?"
    -- George W. Bush, second presidential debate, 10/08/2004
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Noah Jonze

    Shinner Guest

    "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in

    > It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the
    > gangbuster business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has.

    Did it have major studio backing? Did it have the director standing in
    front of any camera that would have him, whining about how it was being
    blocked from theaters?

    > failed New Nork Major Ed Koch, and the best actor in the world
    > (vomit), Ron Silver.

    I thought they were both bleeding heart liberals?
    Shinner, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in
    >
    >> It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the
    >> gangbuster business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has.

    > Did it have major studio backing?

    Did it need any? Moore's film didn't exactly have support from its studio.

    >Did it have the director standing in
    > front of any camera that would have him, whining about how it was being
    > blocked from theaters?

    When it wins top prize in one of the most important film festivals in the
    world and its distributor refuses to show it because of political ties to
    the Bushies in Florida, that's news.

    >> failed New Nork Major Ed Koch, and the best actor in the world
    >> (vomit), Ron Silver.

    > I thought they were both bleeding heart liberals?

    Oh sure. I believed that when I saw Silver speaking at the Republican
    convention (as if his campaigning for blatant adulterer Rudi Giuliani, who
    before 9/11 was affectionately known in NYC as Hitler on the Hudson, and the
    Mussolini of Midtown wasn't a clue). Zell Miller's RNC speech showed him to
    be a real Democrat too. lol

    -------
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Noah Jonze

    Owl Jolson Guest

    "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in message
    > It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the gangbuster
    > business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has. Maybe because it features such wack
    > jobs and known liars as Ann Coulter, Zell Miller, failed New Nork Major

    Ed
    > Koch, and the best actor in the world (vomit), Ron Silver. What an amazing
    > collection of insiders who "were there." Not. This crap is the best work

    of
    > fiction since the "Left Behind" books.

    I'd like to see this to get a good laugh. I also heard that Bush's Brain was
    another good one.
    I really don't care for Michael Moore but he really hit the nail on the head
    with his movie. I didn't view this as an anti-Bush propoganda piece at all.
    His movie showed our wonderful govt. at work, in all it's misguided glory.

    It's hard to believe that Ron (shudder) Silver is flag waving Bushie. He's
    always been an Uber-liberal.
    Owl Jolson, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in message
    > "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in message
    >> It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the
    >> gangbuster
    >> business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has. Maybe because it features such wack
    >> jobs and known liars as Ann Coulter, Zell Miller, failed New Nork Major

    > Ed
    >> Koch, and the best actor in the world (vomit), Ron Silver. What an
    >> amazing
    >> collection of insiders who "were there." Not. This crap is the best work

    > of
    >> fiction since the "Left Behind" books.
    >>

    > I'd like to see this to get a good laugh. I also heard that Bush's Brain
    > was
    > another good one.

    Must be a short subject. ;->

    Outfoxed was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Fahrenheit though. Moore
    really put that together incredibly well.

    > I really don't care for Michael Moore but he really hit the nail on the
    > head
    > with his movie. I didn't view this as an anti-Bush propoganda piece at
    > all.
    > His movie showed our wonderful govt. at work, in all it's misguided glory.

    Yeah, it's not as if the Democrats in congress come off looking good.

    -------
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Noah Jonze

    Morgan Guest

    > Oh sure. I believed that when I saw Silver speaking at the Republican
    > convention (as if his campaigning for blatant adulterer Rudi Giuliani, who
    > before 9/11 was affectionately known in NYC as Hitler on the Hudson, and
    > the Mussolini of Midtown wasn't a clue). Zell Miller's RNC speech showed
    > him to be a real Democrat too. lol

    Thank god someone remembered this! I can't stand Giuliani--he shows up
    everywhere as if he's a god. I'm not a New Yorker, but I remember plenty
    before 9/11 where people called him Hitler and Mussolini, drew pictures of
    him with the little moustache, etc. And in days after 9/11, he takes a walk
    through the city, says we won't be defeated, we're all New Yorkers, and
    suddenly he's "America's Mayor"? Everyone went ape-s**t for the guy, even
    though a month before he was an adulterer/Hitler/Mussolini/asswipe.

    Ah the good ol' days...

    Morgan
    Morgan, Oct 15, 2004
  7. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Morgan" <> wrote in message

    >> Oh sure. I believed that when I saw Silver speaking at the Republican
    >> convention (as if his campaigning for blatant adulterer Rudi Giuliani,
    >> who before 9/11 was affectionately known in NYC as Hitler on the Hudson,
    >> and the Mussolini of Midtown wasn't a clue). Zell Miller's RNC speech
    >> showed him to be a real Democrat too. lol

    > Thank god someone remembered this! I can't stand Giuliani--he shows up
    > everywhere as if he's a god. I'm not a New Yorker, but I remember plenty
    > before 9/11 where people called him Hitler and Mussolini, drew pictures of
    > him with the little moustache, etc. And in days after 9/11, he takes a
    > walk through the city, says we won't be defeated, we're all New Yorkers,
    > and suddenly he's "America's Mayor"? Everyone went ape-s**t for the guy,
    > even though a month before he was an adulterer/Hitler/Mussolini/asswipe.
    >
    > Ah the good ol' days...
    >
    > Morgan

    The broad acceptance of Giuliani was a mystery to me too. I suppose the
    absence of Bushie on 9/11 forced people to look elsewhere for leadership.

    I think I can pinpoint Giuliani's anointment moment. As he was walking
    toward ground zero, a reporter following along on the street asked Rudy if
    he knew how many people had been killed, and rather than say he didn't know
    the number Giuliani said "More than anyone can bear." It's shallow, but
    people respond when someone says "the proper thing." Even when its really an
    evasion disguised as superior compassion, making the reporter seem
    insensitive for concentrating on a number. Of course, the 3,000 number has
    been bandied about endlessly since, because people do care how many people
    died.

    -------
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  8. Noah Jonze

    Shinner Guest

    "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in

    > Did it need any?

    Obviously it did.

    > Moore's film didn't exactly have support from its
    > studio.

    Oy...another whoosh. I've barely heard the hype film mentioned but I'll be
    damned if you couldn't get away from the press regarding Moore's film. To
    suggest they received similar treatment is a laugh.

    > Oh sure. I believed that when I saw Silver speaking at the Republican
    > convention

    All I remember is not agreeing with him on alot of things...and me, leaning
    towards the conservative side, I assumed he must be liberal. I was
    surprised to see him in the hype film based on the past.

    > (as if his campaigning for blatant adulterer Rudi Giuliani,

    what's wrong with that? Clinton was/is an adulter. Do you disapprove of his
    supporters too?
    Shinner, Oct 15, 2004
  9. >It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the gangbuster
    >business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has.

    And your point is?

    To be frank, I am now really sick and tired of all of this liberal/conservative
    crap. That's all I hear in this group is off-topic topics!

    If you don't have anything to say about DVD, then shut the **** up!

    This includes distorting a DVD subject to fit political discussions.

    Now, to answer your provocation:
    "Fahrenheit 9/11" and "Fahenhype 911" are both wastes of film spewing
    incomprehensible clap-trap from two deluded directors hell bent on warping the
    moderate truth to push their own agendas, perhaps not to provide any kind of
    argument or benefit to the public, but to tap you, the butt-fucked sucker, of
    your hard-earned money for the box office earnings.

    I'd rather watch a real movie instead of something that reeks of inspiration
    from "The National Enquirer." (Which, I am forced to assume, appears to be
    your prime source of unbiased journalism.)

    And to be sure I won't have to listen to politics and probably a sorry excuse
    of a retort from you at least ...

    PLONK!!!! - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 15, 2004
  10. Noah Jonze

    Shinner Guest

    "Owl Jolson" <> wrote in

    > It's hard to believe that Ron (shudder) Silver is flag waving Bushie.
    > He's always been an Uber-liberal.

    glad you wrote that, my memory was correct.
    Shinner, Oct 15, 2004
  11. Noah Jonze

    Kevin Scholl Guest

    Noah Jonze wrote:

    > Outfoxed was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Fahrenheit though. Moore
    > really put that together incredibly well.

    "Put that together" ... interesting choice of words. An incredibly
    accurate description of the making of Fahrenheit 9/11.

    Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/

    Kevin Scholl, Oct 15, 2004
  12. >Thank god someone remembered this! I can't stand Giuliani--he shows up
    >everywhere as if he's a god.

    I completely agree. He's incredibly racist, and he encouraged police officers
    to target blacks
    Vlvetmorning98, Oct 15, 2004
  13. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Did it need any?

    > Obviously it did.

    You can't polish a turd.

    >> Moore's film didn't exactly have support from its
    >> studio.

    > Oy...another whoosh. I've barely heard the hype film mentioned but I'll be
    > damned if you couldn't get away from the press regarding Moore's film. To
    > suggest they received similar treatment is a laugh.

    I never suggested they received similar treatment. What prestigious
    international film awards has Fahrenhype won?
    Which major corporation tried to block its viwing by the American public?

    >> (as if his campaigning for blatant adulterer Rudi Giuliani,

    > what's wrong with that? Clinton was/is an adulter. Do you disapprove of
    > his
    > supporters too?

    Notice the word blatant. Giuliani went on public dates with his mistress and
    she was even invited to the mayor's mansion where his wife and children were
    still living. The guy was/is a sleezeball.

    I never said Clinton was ok doing it, but at least he wasn't boasting about
    it.
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  14. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Kevin Scholl" <> wrote in message
    > Noah Jonze wrote:
    >
    >> Outfoxed was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Fahrenheit though.
    >> Moore really put that together incredibly well.

    > "Put that together" ... interesting choice of words. An incredibly
    > accurate description of the making of Fahrenheit 9/11.

    Well, it is a compilation of documentary footage. All films get "put
    together." Lord of the Rings. Rambo. etc.
    It is Michael Moore's skills as a writer, director, and editor that
    distinguish the power of his films from hackwork like Fahrenhype.

    Interesting how you take my meaning and distort it to suit your agenda.

    -------
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  15. Noah Jonze

    M.B. Guest

    LASERandDVDfan wrote:
    >>It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the gangbuster
    >>business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has.

    > And your point is?
    >
    > To be frank, I am now really sick and tired of all of this liberal/conservative
    > crap. That's all I hear in this group is off-topic topics!

    You obviously don't read rec.arts.movies.current-films. That ng has
    been completely taken over by off-topic trolls. I'm lucky if a third of
    the posts posted in a day make it through my kill-file. This ng isn't
    anywhere near as bad.

    M.B., Oct 15, 2004
  16. Noah Jonze

    Shinner Guest

    "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in

    > Which major corporation tried to block its viwing by the American
    > public?

    Jeez, you would think those evil corporation that blocked Moore's movie
    mighta, huh? ;)

    > Notice the word blatant. Giuliani went on public dates with his
    > mistress and she was even invited to the mayor's mansion where his
    > wife and children were still living. The guy was/is a sleezeball.
    >
    > I never said Clinton was ok doing it, but at least he wasn't boasting
    > about it.

    I don't see that it matters...adultery is adultery whether it's a well
    guarded secret or not. I might even think Clinton was the bigger sleazeball
    for trying to hide it. Was Giuliani seperated or about to be divorced? I
    thought I remembered hearing that they were pretty much history and his
    wife refused to leave the mansion. I didn't really follow it, could care
    less to be honest, but I would think he wouldn't be running around to
    public events with a mistress if his marriage wasn't essentially over. That
    in itself would make the 2 situations slightly different in my opinion.
    Shinner, Oct 15, 2004
  17. Noah Jonze

    Shinner Guest

    "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in news:yhWbd.8207$5b1.2415
    @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

    > Well, it is a compilation of documentary footage. All films get "put
    > together." Lord of the Rings. Rambo. etc.

    But they admit they're works of fiction :)
    Shinner, Oct 15, 2004
  18. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote in message
    > >It is amazing that this anti-Michael Moore film hasn't done the
    > >gangbuster
    >>business that "Fahrenheit 9/11" has.

    > And your point is?
    >
    > To be frank, I am now really sick and tired of all of this
    > liberal/conservative
    > crap. That's all I hear in this group is off-topic topics!
    >
    > If you don't have anything to say about DVD, then shut the **** up!
    >
    > This includes distorting a DVD subject to fit political discussions.

    "Fahrenheit 9/11" and "Fahrenhype 911" are both on DVD.
    We are discussing them. They are political in content.
    We are no more off topic than the Star Wars nerds endlessly discussing
    whether or not Greedo shot first.

    -------
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  19. Noah Jonze

    Noah Jonze Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "Noah Jonze" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Which major corporation tried to block its viwing by the American
    >> public?

    > Jeez, you would think those evil corporation that blocked Moore's movie
    > mighta, huh? ;)

    It was released by Lion's Gate, a Canadian company.
    In its opening weeks it played mostly in indepentent movie theaters.

    >> Notice the word blatant. Giuliani went on public dates with his
    >> mistress and she was even invited to the mayor's mansion where his
    >> wife and children were still living. The guy was/is a sleezeball.
    >>
    >> I never said Clinton was ok doing it, but at least he wasn't boasting
    >> about it.

    > I don't see that it matters...adultery is adultery whether it's a well
    > guarded secret or not. I might even think Clinton was the bigger
    > sleazeball
    > for trying to hide it. Was Giuliani seperated or about to be divorced? I
    > thought I remembered hearing that they were pretty much history and his
    > wife refused to leave the mansion. I didn't really follow it, could care
    > less to be honest, but I would think he wouldn't be running around to
    > public events with a mistress if his marriage wasn't essentially over.
    > That
    > in itself would make the 2 situations slightly different in my opinion.

    So publicly humiliating his wife and children is better in your view?
    Okaaaayyyyy.
    Noah Jonze, Oct 15, 2004
  20. >You obviously don't read rec.arts.movies.current-films.

    Nope.

    >That ng has
    >been completely taken over by off-topic trolls.

    Somehow, and I don't know why, I'm not terribly surprised. Eh, choke it up to
    usenet when it suddenly gains access to a lot of people who only recently have
    heard of it.

    >This ng isn't
    >anywhere near as bad.

    Too true. Japan.anime is another group to where the trolling bad gotten so
    apparently bad that it's been abandoned. The only posts there are off-topic
    posts. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 15, 2004