    Abby Lee Guest

    I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
    an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

    Abby Lee, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Abby Lee

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (Abby Lee)
    >
    >I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
    >an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

    Select the oval with the elliptical marquee tool.

    Feather the selection with Select > Feather. Larger the feather the more
    gradual the fade.

    Select > Inverse

    Edit > Fill with white as 'Contents: Use.'

    If the fading is too abrupt or too diffuse use History to return to the Select
    > Feather step and change the feather amount until you have what suits your

    taste.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 11, 2004

  3. In article <>, Abby Lee
    <> writes
    >I scanned a pic into photoshop then used the elliptical tool to create
    >an oval. I want to make the edge gradually fade...how do I do this?

    1 Create Oval selection

    2 Click Quick Mask to mask outside area

    3 Apply Gaussian Blur to taste

    4 Switch back to Selection mode and invert selection

    5 Fill outside area with white (or other colour to taste)

    Hope this helps

    David
    --
    David Littlewood