    and looking at the headings for program, favorites etc are good, but then
    pointing to 'programs' which shows all my programs, it is these icons which
    are faded and pale looking.
    Colin, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Colin

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:59:14 +0000, Colin wrote:

    > My icons in 'quick launch' have changed. They seem faded and look like a
    > printed page when it is running out of ink. The icons next to the clock are
    > fine as is the 'start' at the lower left of the screen. Clicking 'start'
    > and looking at the headings for program, favorites etc are good, but then
    > pointing to 'programs' which shows all my programs, it is these icons which
    > are faded and pale looking.

    Better take them to Ibiza then.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Colin

    geopelia Guest

    "Parko" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:59:14 +0000, Colin wrote:
    >
    > > My icons in 'quick launch' have changed. They seem faded and look like

    > > printed page when it is running out of ink. The icons next to the clock

    are
    > > fine as is the 'start' at the lower left of the screen. Clicking

    'start'
    > > and looking at the headings for program, favorites etc are good, but

    then
    > > pointing to 'programs' which shows all my programs, it is these icons

    which
    > > are faded and pale looking.

    > Better take them to Ibiza then.
    > --
    > Parko
    > Registered Linux User #339345
    > And now for something completely different...
    > http://www.maui-info.com/mauibabe.html

    Some of mine often just show as a blank white blob, or disappear entirely.
    If I hold the mouse on them (or where they should be) they work just as well
    as if they were showing.
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Colin

    Parko Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:10:45 +1200, geopelia wrote:

    > "Parko" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:59:14 +0000, Colin wrote:
    >>
    >> > My icons in 'quick launch' have changed. They seem faded and look like

    >> > printed page when it is running out of ink. The icons next to the clock

    > are
    >> > fine as is the 'start' at the lower left of the screen. Clicking

    > 'start'
    >> > and looking at the headings for program, favorites etc are good, but

    > then
    >> > pointing to 'programs' which shows all my programs, it is these icons

    > which
    >> > are faded and pale looking.

    >> Better take them to Ibiza then.
    >> --
    >> Parko
    >> Registered Linux User #339345
    >> And now for something completely different...
    >> http://www.maui-info.com/mauibabe.html
    >>

    > Some of mine often just show as a blank white blob, or disappear entirely.
    > If I hold the mouse on them (or where they should be) they work just as well
    > as if they were showing.
    > Geopelia

    Don't worry, this is a new security feature of Windows. If a Trojan,
    Virus, or cracker can' see your icons to click them (from inside your
    screen), they can't do anything. Now have a Bex and a good lie down.

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    And now for something completely different...the ultimate BSOD.
    http://www.boners.com/grub/791115.html
    Parko, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Colin

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and back again. This will clear
    your icon cache, and should cure the problem. If
    that doesn't work, use the 'Repair icons' option of
    TweakUI.
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:59:14 GMT, in
    <C70Sc.69039$gE.48419@pd7tw3no>
    Colin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Re: faded icons--Mike solved it..thanks

    Thanks, Mike. I rebooted in safe mode and then rebooted in normal and
    that solved it.
    Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Colin

    ---------------------------------

    Colin, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Colin

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: faded icons--Mike solved it..thanks

    You're welcome.

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:41:45 GMT, in
    <tibSc.68966$M95.19568@pd7tw1no>
    Colin scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Colin

    geopelia Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Boot into Safe Mode and back again. This will clear
    > your icon cache, and should cure the problem. If
    > that doesn't work, use the 'Repair icons' option of
    > TweakUI.
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

    I'll try that, thank you.
    My icon for the Internet disappeared off the desk top. No idea why. The
    helpful person at my ISP told me to try Start - Programs and drag it off to
    the desktop. Now why didn't I think of that! Still very dumb, aren't I?
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Aug 10, 2004
  9. Colin

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:52:04 +1200, in
    <%lbSc.11653$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Boot into Safe Mode and back again. This will clear
    >> your icon cache, and should cure the problem. If
    >> that doesn't work, use the 'Repair icons' option of
    >> TweakUI.
    >> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui
    >>

    >I'll try that, thank you.
    >My icon for the Internet disappeared off the desk top.
    >No idea why. The helpful person at my ISP told me to
    >try Start - Programs and drag it off to the desktop. Now
    >why didn't I think of that! Still very dumb, aren't I?
    >Geopelia

    The advice I gave to the OP was for a different problem.
    It won't work to restore your "Internet" icon. What you
    need to do is to open the Control Panel and double click
    on Internet Options. In the 'Advanced' tab, check the
    option 'Show Internet Explorer on the Desktop'. You
    can also do this from TweakUI, above.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 10, 2004
  10. Colin

    geopelia Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:52:04 +1200, in
    > <%lbSc.11653$>
    > geopelia scrawled:
    >

    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Boot into Safe Mode and back again. This will clear
    > >> your icon cache, and should cure the problem. If
    > >> that doesn't work, use the 'Repair icons' option of
    > >> TweakUI.
    > >> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui
    > >>

    > >I'll try that, thank you.
    > >My icon for the Internet disappeared off the desk top.
    > >No idea why. The helpful person at my ISP told me to
    > >try Start - Programs and drag it off to the desktop. Now
    > >why didn't I think of that! Still very dumb, aren't I?
    > >Geopelia

    > The advice I gave to the OP was for a different problem.
    > It won't work to restore your "Internet" icon. What you
    > need to do is to open the Control Panel and double click
    > on Internet Options. In the 'Advanced' tab, check the
    > option 'Show Internet Explorer on the Desktop'. You
    > can also do this from TweakUI, above.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Thank you. I hadn't lost the program, the icon was just not showing.
    Dragging it from programs worked. I've copied it too, in case it gets lost
    again.

    What I was able to do was click on an unrelated website that came in an
    email, and get into Google from there.

    I'll keep your advice in case I need it. It's much appreciated how you take
    the time to sort out everyone's problems.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 11, 2004
  11. Colin

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:34:37 +1200, in
    <MCeSc.11754$>
    geopelia scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> The advice I gave to the OP was for a different problem.
    >> It won't work to restore your "Internet" icon. What you
    >> need to do is to open the Control Panel and double click
    >> on Internet Options. In the 'Advanced' tab, check the
    >> option 'Show Internet Explorer on the Desktop'. You
    >> can also do this from TweakUI, above.
    >>

    >Thank you. I hadn't lost the program, the icon was just not showing.
    >Dragging it from programs worked. I've copied it too, in case it gets lost
    >again.
    >
    >What I was able to do was click on an unrelated website that came in an
    >email, and get into Google from there.
    >
    >I'll keep your advice in case I need it. It's much appreciated how you take
    >the time to sort out everyone's problems.
    >
    >Geopelia

    Ok, and you're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2004
  12. Colin

    Blesson

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Thnx a lot..,.,.,by downloading twik ui,.,.,issue was resolved in 3 seconds.,.,.,thanks a lot:star:
    Blesson, Sep 25, 2010