    qwerty Guest

    Is it possible to fade to/from black at the start and end of a video using
    TMPGENC? If not, what software can do this?
    qwerty, Oct 13, 2004

  2. qwerty

    OldTimer Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:26:13 +0100, "qwerty" <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to fade to/from black at the start and end of a video using
    >TMPGENC? If not, what software can do this?

    Yes, but it's not a straightforward 'click on this button' sort of
    thing. You need to install AVISynth and then write up a simple AVS
    script that uses the commands FadeIn and FadeOut. The arguments to
    these commands determine the length of the fades. Here are some
    references that you may want to check out in regard to using AVISynth.

    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/avisyntha.html

    http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

    http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=FiltersByCategory

    Hope this helps. Requires a bit of reading but the results can be
    spectacular.

    OldTimer
    OldTimer, Oct 13, 2004

  3. qwerty

    OrangeTiger Guest

    I am presuming it is an MPEG video you want to edit.
    MPEG Video Wizard 2003 can do that and the good thing it only re-encodes the
    part that you fade and leaves the rest intact so you don't lose quality.

    OrangeTiger, Oct 13, 2004
  4. qwerty

    Randy Guest

    OrangeTiger makes a good choice. Here is the link:

    http://www.womble.com/products.htm

    Randy, Oct 14, 2004
  5. qwerty

    quietguy Guest

    Geez why go to all that trouble?

    Leave the lens cap on your camera and shoot a short clip - it should be
    all black

    Use that as your first and last clip in Windows Movie Maker (free app)

    Put a fade in and fade out effect respectively on those clips

    Easy peasy - total cost = $00 Time= 1 minute or so

    David

    --
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
    quietguy, Oct 14, 2004
  6. qwerty

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:55:52 +1000, quietguy
    <> wrote:

    >Geez why go to all that trouble?
    >
    >Leave the lens cap on your camera and shoot a short clip - it should be
    >all black
    >
    >Use that as your first and last clip in Windows Movie Maker (free app)
    >
    >Put a fade in and fade out effect respectively on those clips
    >
    >Easy peasy - total cost = $00 Time= 1 minute or so

    What a great tip. Kudos to you for a cheap and useful solution.
    Impmon, Oct 14, 2004