    How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be a
    member of Facebook.
    Derek
    Derek Lawler, Oct 12, 2010

  2. Derek Lawler

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:37:08 -0400, Derek Lawler wrote:

    > A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    > site I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part
    > of it. How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not
    > want to be a member of Facebook.
    > Derek

    The only *sure* way is to format your hard drive.

    Even then it may be too late, but it's worth a try.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dressed up like Santa and grabbed his axe.
    Dan C, Oct 12, 2010

  3. Derek Lawler

    Mike Easter Guest

    Derek Lawler wrote:

    > How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be a
    > member of Facebook.

    <sarcasm> What is Facebook? </sarcasm>

    previewable bitly http://bit.ly/bDCQu3 How to Remove and Delete
    Facebook Account and Profile Permanently

    The article explains that 'normal' deactivation retains all of your data
    on the facebook servers but hidden from others so that you can 'change
    you mind' -- whereas deleting the account is a more thorough and
    permanent condition, even tho' some traces are still left.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 12, 2010
  4. Derek Lawler

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:11:49 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Derek Lawler wrote:
    >
    >> How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be a
    >> member of Facebook.

    > <sarcasm> What is Facebook? </sarcasm>
    >
    > previewable bitly http://bit.ly/bDCQu3 How to Remove and Delete
    > Facebook Account and Profile Permanently
    >
    > The article explains that 'normal' deactivation retains all of your data
    > on the facebook servers but hidden from others so that you can 'change
    > you mind' -- whereas deleting the account is a more thorough and
    > permanent condition, even tho' some traces are still left.

    yeah just like youtube deletes videos. They just move it to another folder
    most people don't know about.
    richard, Oct 12, 2010
  5. Derek Lawler

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    >A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the site
    >I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part of it.
    >How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be
    >a member of Facebook.
    > Derek

    If you've never signed up with facebook then the "post" may have just been
    an invitation. In which case ignore it. If you have signed up then Mike's
    post will hopefully tell you how to remove permanently.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Oct 12, 2010
  6. Derek Lawler

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 12/10/2010 06:47, richard wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:11:49 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> Derek Lawler wrote:
    >>
    >>> How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be a
    >>> member of Facebook.

    >> <sarcasm> What is Facebook?</sarcasm>
    >>
    >> previewable bitly http://bit.ly/bDCQu3 How to Remove and Delete
    >> Facebook Account and Profile Permanently
    >>
    >> The article explains that 'normal' deactivation retains all of your data
    >> on the facebook servers but hidden from others so that you can 'change
    >> you mind' -- whereas deleting the account is a more thorough and
    >> permanent condition, even tho' some traces are still left.

    > yeah just like youtube deletes videos. They just move it to another folder
    > most people don't know about.

    And when someone deletes their only copy of granny doing the long jump
    on her 80th birthday, YouTube will be praised for retrieving it for them.

    Here's a news flash for you, when you delete a file off your computer,
    the data is still there!

    <Stands back and watches chuckcar explode in a logic bomb.>
    Desk Rabbit, Oct 12, 2010
  7. Derek Lawler

    chuckcar Guest

    Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    > On 12/10/2010 06:47, richard wrote:

    >>> <sarcasm> What is Facebook?</sarcasm>
    >>>
    >>> previewable bitly http://bit.ly/bDCQu3 How to Remove and Delete
    >>> Facebook Account and Profile Permanently
    >>>
    >>> The article explains that 'normal' deactivation retains all of your
    >>> data on the facebook servers but hidden from others so that you can
    >>> 'change you mind' -- whereas deleting the account is a more thorough
    >>> and permanent condition, even tho' some traces are still left.

    >> yeah just like youtube deletes videos. They just move it to another
    >> folder most people don't know about.

    > And when someone deletes their only copy of granny doing the long jump
    > on her 80th birthday, YouTube will be praised for retrieving it for
    > them.
    >
    > Here's a news flash for you, when you delete a file off your computer,
    > the data is still there!
    >
    > <Stands back and watches chuckcar explode in a logic bomb.>

    Some of it. Of course *you* wouldn't know why.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 12, 2010
  8. Derek Lawler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:44:42 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:37:08 -0400, Derek Lawler wrote:
    >
    >> A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    >> site I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any
    >> part of it. How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do
    >> not want to be a member of Facebook.
    >> Derek

    > The only *sure* way is to format your hard drive.

    Staff members from The Tard Farm are searching the woods for you.

    Meat Plow, Oct 12, 2010
  9. philo wrote:
    > On 10/11/2010 07:37 PM, Derek Lawler wrote:
    >> A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    >> site I
    >> found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part of it.
    >> How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want
    >> to be a
    >> member of Facebook.
    >> Derek
    >>

    > If you are not signed up for Facebook
    >
    > then you have no Facebook "wall"
    >
    > that simple

    Yeah, I wonder why no won else caught that bit?
    :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 12, 2010
  10. Derek Lawler wrote:
    > A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the site I
    > found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part of it.
    > How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be a
    > member of Facebook.
    > Derek

    U R GAY

    YUR MOM IZ GAY ROFL!!!!!1111!!!!

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 12, 2010
  11. Derek Lawler

    John Holmes Guest

    Derek Lawler "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    > site I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any
    > part of it. How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I
    > do not want to be a member of Facebook.
    > Derek

    I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Oct 12, 2010
  12. "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    >A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the site
    >I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part of it.
    >How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not want to be
    >a member of Facebook.
    > Derek

    the more times i read this, the less i understand ..
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Oct 12, 2010
  13. Derek Lawler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:52:36 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

    > "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    >>A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    >>site I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part
    >>of it. How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not
    >>want to be a member of Facebook.
    >> Derek

    > the more times i read this, the less i understand ..

    I didn't read it even once so I understand it pretty well.

    Meat Plow, Oct 12, 2010
  14. Derek Lawler

    Derek Lawler Guest

    Thank you Mike.
    Derek

    Derek Lawler, Oct 13, 2010
  15. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:52:36 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >
    >> "Derek Lawler" <> wrote in message
    >>>A friend of mine posted something on my "wall," so when I went to the
    >>>site I found I was invited back to Facebook, yet I never wanted any part
    >>>of it. How can I disconnect myself from this too public site? I do not
    >>>want to be a member of Facebook.
    >>> Derek

    >> the more times i read this, the less i understand ..

    > I didn't read it even once so I understand it pretty well.
    >

    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    someone has to!
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Oct 13, 2010
  16. Derek Lawler

    Stickems. Guest