FA: SMC Pentax 15mm/f3.5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Shank and Brisket, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Shank and Brisket, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Shank and Brisket

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    Ebay abuse

    Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

    UseNet SPAM policy:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Be sure to include all headers.

    I strongly suspect this guy Knows ads are not allowed as his email address
    at ebay is:

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Shank and Brisket

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    In article <m_VTb.36075$>,
    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote:

    > Ebay abuse
    >
    > Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    >
    > UseNet SPAM policy:
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    >
    > Be sure to include all headers.
    >
    > I strongly suspect this guy Knows ads are not allowed as his email address
    > at ebay is:

    Illegal or improper.

    I don't think anyone has been arrested, tried and convicted of
    improperly placing an ebay offer on a NG.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Shank and Brisket

    Dave Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    > http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2984207128&category=4688
    >
    > Happy bidding!
    >
    > S&B
    > Ottawa

    Illegal? Tried and convicted, eh Tony. Nothing will come of this and the
    item will sell free and clear. What a pathetic netkkkop you
    are.

    Oh wait, you can't read this, can you?

    Dave

    --
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
    hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

    - HL Mencken

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Shank and Brisket

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    Are you really as stupid as you are acting?

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Shank and Brisket

    Dave Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    > Are you really as stupid as you are acting?

    Note: natural order of posting restored and immense sig removed.

    Bob has an excellent point - unless Barney Fife (or John Navass) has
    officially deputized you as netkkkkop heir apparent, you have no legal power
    in this particular jurisdiction. Please go lick a dog's ass until it bleeds.

    Love,

    Dave

    P.S. 6 days 23 hours left on a SMC Pentax 15mm/f3.5 at:

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004
  7. Shank and Brisket

    Dave Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > Ebay abuse
    > >
    > > Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    > > http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    > >
    > > UseNet SPAM policy:
    > > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    > >
    > > Be sure to include all headers.
    > >
    > > I strongly suspect this guy Knows ads are not allowed as his email

    address
    > > at ebay is:

    > > address
    > > > >

    > >>"Bob Salomon" <> wrote in message

    > > > Illegal or improper.
    > > >
    > > > I don't think anyone has been arrested, tried and convicted of
    > > > improperly placing an ebay offer on a NG.
    > > >

    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > Are you really as stupid as you are acting?
    > >

    > Note: natural order of posting restored and immense sig removed.
    >
    > Bob has an excellent point - unless Barney Fife (or John Navass) has
    > officially deputized you as netkkkkop heir apparent, you have no legal

    power
    > in this particular jurisdiction. Please go lick a dog's ass until it

    bleeds.

    > Love,
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > P.S. 6 days 23 hours left on a SMC Pentax 15mm/f3.5 at:
    > http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2984207128&category=4688
    >
    > Happy bidding!

    Damn - I keep forgetting about that whole "la-la-la I can't see you"
    nonsense you've got going. Well, maybe one of the voices inside your head
    will read this to you. If not, oh well, all the better for the home team.

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Re: Illegal FA post

    Google tells me you have like 88 anti-auction posts. Far more then
    shank. Oh, nice self promo at the end of your 9000+ posts... and you
    sell your prints.

    JUST WHO EXACTLY IS DOING THE SPAMMING HERE?

    Do as "Tony Spadaro" <>" suggests and report his
    SPAMMING and ILLEGAL ACTIVITY to the links below.

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<m_VTb.36075$>...
    > Ebay abuse
    >
    > Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    >
    > UseNet SPAM policy:
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    >
    > Be sure to include all headers.
    >
    > I strongly suspect this guy Knows ads are not allowed as his email address
    > at ebay is:
    >

    > --

    SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION BY TONY DELETED!

    Frodo Baggins, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Shank and Brisket

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    Ahh my dear Fro-up. There is nothing illegal about signatures so long
    as one is actually On subject and Not advertising in the body of the
    message. Do you not know this because of ignorance, stupidity, or brain
    damage caused by a social disease? No matter. On name alone I assume you
    are less than brilliant, perhaps less than average, or even less than
    sub-moron, so you are killfiled. Have a real nice day.

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 4, 2004
  10. Shank and Brisket

    Chris Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    > Google tells me you have like 88 anti-auction posts. Far more then
    > shank. Oh, nice self promo at the end of your 9000+ posts... and you
    > sell your prints.
    >
    > JUST WHO EXACTLY IS DOING THE SPAMMING HERE?
    >
    > Do as "Tony Spadaro" <>" suggests and report his
    > SPAMMING and ILLEGAL ACTIVITY to the links below.

    If someone feels like reporting illegal activity, I'm sure they can decide
    for themselves what they want to do. Do you really suggest we're so stupid
    as to not be able to think for ourselves? If I killfiled anyone, you'd be
    on the top 5 list.

    I decide whose abuse I report, you do not. Behave as an adult, and you
    won't be treated as a child.

    Chris, Feb 5, 2004
  11. Shank and Brisket

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    In article <uueUb.57009$>, "Tony Spadaro"
    <> writes:

    >ignorance, stupidity, or brain
    >damage caused by a social disease

    I think tony just described himself perfectly here !!!

    Azzz1588, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Re: Illegal FA post

    Follow Tony SPAMaro's example and add him to your killfile.

    Details: "Tony Spadaro" <>

    HE HAS SPAMMED USENET OVER 9000 TIMES!

    > Have a real nice day.

    Thanks, I will. May you and your spamsite be hurled into the fires of Mordor.

    Frodo

    ---

    "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message news:<uueUb.57009$>...
    > Ahh my dear Fro-up. There is nothing illegal about signatures so long
    > as one is actually On subject and Not advertising in the body of the
    > message. Do you not know this because of ignorance, stupidity, or brain
    > damage caused by a social disease? No matter. On name alone I assume you
    > are less than brilliant, perhaps less than average, or even less than
    > sub-moron, so you are killfiled. Have a real nice day.
    > --

    ###### SPAMMER LINKS DELETED AGAIN!!!! #####

    Frodo Baggins, Feb 5, 2004
  13. Re: Illegal FA post

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:22:55 -0500, Bob Salomon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <m_VTb.36075$>,
    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ebay abuse
    >>
    >> Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    >> http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    >>
    >> UseNet SPAM policy:
    >> http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    >>
    >> Be sure to include all headers.
    >>
    >> I strongly suspect this guy Knows ads are not allowed as his email address
    >> at ebay is:
    >>

    >Illegal or improper.
    >
    >I don't think anyone has been arrested, tried and convicted of
    >improperly placing an ebay offer on a NG.

    You mean all this flap is because some one posted an add on a news
    group? I never have been able to find the original post on this
    thread.

    Even if against the charter there is nothing illegal about it. Nor it
    there any thing that e-bay will care about. It does not violate
    e-bays TOS. Normally, except to the very sensitive a single add is
    not considered spam, or cross posted to umpteen groups, or repeatedly
    posted. There is a great deal of controversy as to what makes
    something spam. Even the anti spam groups are very careful about how
    they define spam.

    The newsgroup charter is an agreement that is not binding to any one
    except on moderated groups, which is why newsgroups are pretty much
    self policing.

    I agree that we don't want to see groups like RPD turned into an
    advertizing (advertising for the UK) forum. That is why when some one
    does a FA, we simply let them know FA like binaries is not acceptable
    on the specific group. Other than that it's pretty much a waste of
    time and only creates frustration for the vindictive.

    Many groups such as ham radio and aviation have specific newsgroups
    for advertizing *stuff* for sale and FA. Isn't there one for
    photography as well?

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Feb 5, 2004
  14. Shank and Brisket

    HRosita Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    Hi,

    Actually I would rather see "illegal" FA posts than the porn and abusive
    garbage that is so prevalent lately.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Re: Illegal FA post

    "Chris" <> wrote in message news:<mNrUb.2995$>...
    > "Frodo Baggins" <> wrote in message
    > > Google tells me you have like 88 anti-auction posts. Far more then
    > > shank. Oh, nice self promo at the end of your 9000+ posts... and you
    > > sell your prints.
    > >
    > > JUST WHO EXACTLY IS DOING THE SPAMMING HERE?
    > >
    > > Do as "Tony Spadaro" <>" suggests and report his
    > > SPAMMING and ILLEGAL ACTIVITY to the links below.

    > If someone feels like reporting illegal activity, I'm sure they can decide
    > for themselves what they want to do. Do you really suggest we're so stupid
    > as to not be able to think for ourselves? If I killfiled anyone, you'd be
    > on the top 5 list.

    The only thing I suggest is that YOU are so stupid as to be incapable
    of thought, let alone adult thought. Now that I think about it, no
    I'm not suggesting at all but rather was merely stating fact.

    > I decide whose abuse I report, you do not. Behave as an adult, and you
    > won't be treated as a child.

    Treat me however you like, moron.

    Frodo
    see you in mordor

    Frodo Baggins, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Shank and Brisket

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    >From: Roger Halstead

    >Even if against the charter there is nothing illegal about it. Nor it
    >there any thing that e-bay will care about.

    Several people who posted FA ads on non-commercial NG's and were reported to
    eBay have written that eBay told them to knock it off or eBay would cancel
    their auction or, in the worst cases, cancel their eBay accounts.

    > It does not violate e-bays TOS.

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html ... to quote a bit from the site

    "eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise
    eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board
    policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among other remedies)
    remove the listing, issue a warning, temporarily suspend or indefinitely
    suspend the offender's eBay account.

    We have no tolerance for UseNet abuse and will take action as appropriate.
    ...."

    Bill Hilton, Feb 5, 2004
  17. Re: Illegal FA post

    Bob Salomon <> wrote in news:bob_salomon-
    :

    > Illegal or improper.

    Not illegal - but not allowed either.
    eBay states clearly that they do not accept ads in newsgroups.
    The charter also states that.
    The charter is rather ineffective, but eBay simply may remove the auction.

    > I don't think anyone has been arrested, tried and convicted of
    > improperly placing an ebay offer on a NG.

    Of course not. There are lots of things that are more than improper
    that is not illegal.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 5, 2004
  18. Shank and Brisket

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Actually I would rather see "illegal" FA posts than the porn and abusive
    > garbage that is so prevalent lately.
    > Rosita

    I completely agree Rosita

    Jim

    Jim Waggener, Feb 5, 2004
  19. Shank and Brisket

    Chris Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    > > If someone feels like reporting illegal activity, I'm sure they can

    decide
    > > for themselves what they want to do. Do you really suggest we're so

    stupid
    > > as to not be able to think for ourselves? If I killfiled anyone, you'd

    be
    > > on the top 5 list.

    > The only thing I suggest is that YOU are so stupid as to be incapable
    > of thought, let alone adult thought. Now that I think about it, no
    > I'm not suggesting at all but rather was merely stating fact.

    Ok, smart guy, how exactly am I "so stupid"?

    > > I decide whose abuse I report, you do not. Behave as an adult, and you
    > > won't be treated as a child.

    > Treat me however you like, moron.

    Spoken like a true usenet goof.

    Chris, Feb 5, 2004
  20. Shank and Brisket

    KB Guest

    Re: Illegal FA post

    "Chris" <> wrote in message

    > Ok, smart guy, how exactly am I "so stupid"?

    Doing his best Tommy Smothers"

    Well...you're so stupid you don'te even know you're stupid

    Sorry, couldn't resist....saw the Smothers Brothers on TV the other night :)

    KB, Feb 5, 2004