FA on TradeMe A box ofcomputer goodies $20 *No reserve*

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Southern Kiwi, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Southern Kiwi, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Southern Kiwi

    whoisthis Guest

    whoisthis, Nov 21, 2005

  3. "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <>,
    > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
    >>

    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0002-0359-0827-/auction-41154317.htm

    > what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
    > could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

    I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
    means the starting bid buys it.
    If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?
    --
    -- Cheers

    Southern Kiwi, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Southern Kiwi

    David Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >>"Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
    >>>

    >>>http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0002-0359-0827-/auction-41154317.htm

    >>what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
    >>could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

    > I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
    > means the starting bid buys it.

    Don't they call that "S=R", otherwise its "$1 reserve". I know of no "no
    reserve" auctions on trademe, its always at least $1.

    David, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Southern Kiwi

    Richard Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
    > means the starting bid buys it.
    > If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

    Thats something that pisses me off with trademe, I think you should be able to
    choose either a start bid, or a reserve, or no reseve that will let the first
    person bid $0.05 if they choose to.

    Richard, Nov 21, 2005
  6. "David" <> wrote in message
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >> "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
    >>>could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

    >> I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no
    >> reserve means the starting bid buys it.

    > Don't they call that "S=R", otherwise its "$1 reserve". I know of no "no
    > reserve" auctions on trademe, its always at least $1.
    >> If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

    Trade me puts up a flag that says "No Reserve" when you have the start price
    the same as the reserve......which is where I got the idea for the title
    from.
    However to appease the masses (or the old grumbler) I have changed it to
    read S=R Happy?

    If not ....................I DON'T CARE, .........................;-)

    Southern Kiwi, Nov 22, 2005
  7. Southern Kiwi

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Having a clean out, other guff from under the workbench as well
    > >>

    > >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0002-0359-0827-/auction-41154317.htm

    > > what do you mean "No reserve", $20 IS THE RESERVE, no reserve means I
    > > could offer $0.01 and have it accepted as a valid bid.

    > I was following the generally accepted practice on Trademe that no reserve
    > means the starting bid buys it.
    > If you are keen I will change it to $1 start, how would that sound?

    I am just pissed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
    that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

    whoisthis, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Southern Kiwi

    Guest

    Re: FA on TradeMe A box ofcomputer goodies $20 *No reserve*

    whoisthis wrote:
    > I am just pissed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
    > that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

    wow... relax a little, stay away from trademe if it *that* upsetting.

    , Dec 1, 2005
  9. Re: FA on TradeMe A box ofcomputer goodies $20 *No reserve*

    <> wrote in message
    > whoisthis wrote:
    >> I am just pissed off with trademe because their system is at fault in
    >> that it forces a misleading advert by the seller

    > wow... relax a little, stay away from trademe if it *that* upsetting.

    *Footnote, sold for $20, now trying to get it to Auckland for the buyer (he
    wanted it via courier until I priced it $36)

    Southern Kiwi, Dec 2, 2005