FA - MINT Canon 400mm f5.6 "L" lens - LOW PRICE on eBay

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jack.winberg@verizon.net, May 7, 2004.

  1. Guest

    , May 7, 2004

  2. Andrew Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 14:13:33 GMT, wrote:

    >FA - MINT Canon f5.6 400mm lens, very low price on eBay

    You are breaking Ebays terms and and conditions posting this on
    Usenet.
    Andrew, May 7, 2004

  3. JT Guest

    Also you're not allowed to charge extra for those using Paypal

    JT, May 7, 2004
  4. Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: FA - MINT Ebay abuse on eBay

    Ebay abuse

    Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

    UseNet SPAM policy:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Be sure to include all headers.

    And add a complaint to

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    Tony Spadaro, May 7, 2004
  5. <> wrote in message

    This is not a MARKETPLACE group.
    Please don't post FA/FS/WTB messages in this DISCUSSION group.

    > FA - MINT Canon f5.6 400mm lens, very low price on eBay, ...

    It is a violation of the eBay guidelines to post in non-Marketplace USENET
    groups.

    Thank you.
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, May 7, 2004
  6. Webkatz Guest

    "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > This is not a MARKETPLACE group.
    > Please don't post FA/FS/WTB messages in this DISCUSSION group.
    >
    > > FA - MINT Canon f5.6 400mm lens, very low price on eBay, ...

    > It is a violation of the eBay guidelines to post in non-Marketplace USENET
    > groups.

    Too late...

    So, what's with all of the "me too" posts
    (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame3.html)? You lookin' to take over as
    the new deputy? Might as well. Ol' Tony's been failing badly as the head of
    the Nervous Nellies with Knotted Knickers Club. He's batting 0 for
    god-knows-how-many. In fact, I don't think he's ever been able to cite a
    confirmed kill.

    Too freakin' bad, eh?

    Well, be of luck,

    Dave
    Webkatz, May 7, 2004
  7. Webkatz Guest

    Webkatz, May 7, 2004
  8. Bart van der Wolf, May 8, 2004
  9. Lisa Horton Guest

    Lisa Horton, May 8, 2004
  10. Guest

    My apologies for this inappropriate post - I will not do it again.

    Jack Winberg

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 14:13:33 GMT, wrote:

    >FA - MINT Canon f5.6 400mm lens, very low price on eBay, auction ends
    >tomorrow. This lens is like new, in box, with all caps and zippered
    >case.
    >
    >Take a look at:
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3813421745&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
    >
    >Please address any inquiries to:
    >
    >.
    >
    >Thanks for looking................. Jack Winberg
    , May 8, 2004
  11. <> wrote in message
    > My apologies for this inappropriate post - I will not do it again.

    Thanks, appreciated.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, May 8, 2004
  12. Webkatz Guest

    "Lisa Horton" <> wrote in message

    > Bart van der Wolf wrote:
    > >
    > > "Webkatz" <> wrote in message
    > > SNIP
    > > > Too freakin' bad, eh?

    > > http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame75.html
    > >
    > > Recognize yourself?
    > >
    > > Bart

    > LOL, good call Bart :)

    Another "me too" post. How quaint.
    Webkatz, May 8, 2004
  13. Webkatz Guest

    > "Webkatz" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    > > Too freakin' bad, eh?

    > http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame75.html
    >
    > Recognize yourself?

    Nope, sorry. You?
    Webkatz, May 8, 2004
  14. Lisa Horton Guest

    Webkatz wrote:

    > "Lisa Horton" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Bart van der Wolf wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Webkatz" <> wrote in message
    > > > SNIP
    > > >
    > > > http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame75.html
    > > >
    > > > Recognize yourself?
    > > >
    > > > Bart

    > > LOL, good call Bart :)

    > Another "me too" post. How quaint.

    You would certainly be in a position to know, considering your tiresome
    "me too" auction repeat posts.

    Lisa
    Lisa Horton, May 8, 2004
  15. Thad Guest

    Re: FA - MINT Ebay abuse on eBay

    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > Ebay abuse
    > >
    > > Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    > > http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    > >
    > > UseNet SPAM policy:
    > > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    > >
    > > Be sure to include all headers.
    > >
    > > And add a complaint to

    Tony, with all due respect, why are you so hard on newbies who make a
    one time post like this? Wouldn't a fair warning be more appropriate for
    a first time offender? It would probably be more helpful than
    encouraging others to hang him out to dry. Just my 2 cents.

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 8, 2004
  16. Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: FA - MINT Ebay abuse on eBay

    Since all ebay does is "warn" the seller on the first such infraction, I am
    being fair. His auction will finish and he'll be richer, but if we don't
    complain the first time, then the second time becomes the first time in
    ebay's eyes, and if we fail to complain the second time then the third time
    is ---- etc etc etc.
    If we don't do something about every ebay spam that shows up here,
    eventually this forum will be nothing but ebay spam. Look at the marketplace
    groups which used to be about individuals buying and selling camera stuff.
    Last time I looked there were idiots posting their auctions every hour on
    the hour fro the entire week they ran. Since ebay is, in fact advertising --
    it is not an auction site, it is a facilitator and advertiser of auctions --
    there should not be any ebay spam on those groups either, but they are long
    since over-run so there is nothing to be done now.

    Tony Spadaro, May 8, 2004
  17. Thad Guest

    Re: FA - MINT Ebay abuse on eBay

    Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Since all ebay does is "warn" the seller on the first such infraction, I am
    > being fair. His auction will finish and he'll be richer, but if we don't
    > complain the first time, then the second time becomes the first time in
    > ebay's eyes, and if we fail to complain the second time then the third time
    > is ---- etc etc etc.
    > If we don't do something about every ebay spam that shows up here,
    > eventually this forum will be nothing but ebay spam. Look at the marketplace
    > groups which used to be about individuals buying and selling camera stuff.
    > Last time I looked there were idiots posting their auctions every hour on
    > the hour fro the entire week they ran. Since ebay is, in fact advertising --
    > it is not an auction site, it is a facilitator and advertiser of auctions --
    > there should not be any ebay spam on those groups either, but they are long
    > since over-run so there is nothing to be done now.

    I suppose that sounds fair enough.

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 8, 2004
  18. Webkatz Guest

    > Webkatz wrote:
    > >
    > > "Lisa Horton" <> wrote in message

    > > > LOL, good call Bart :)

    > > Another "me too" post. How quaint.

    > You would certainly be in a position to know, considering your tiresome
    > "me too" auction repeat posts.

    Repetitive? Possibly.
    Derivative? Never. I have no interest in jumping on anyone's bandwagon.

    P.S. You loose:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3813421745&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
    Bidding has ended for this item (gadget.man is the winner)
    Winning bid: US $903.76
    Ended: May-08-04 15:56:28 PDT
    Webkatz, May 9, 2004
  19. Webkatz Guest

    Webkatz, May 9, 2004
  20. "Webkatz" <> wrote in message
    SNIP for brevity
    > P.S. You loose:

    SNIP for brevity

    With which you caused another useless piece of information to get archived
    on thousands of servers, costing bandwidth, storage and backup capacity, and
    wasted cost for people on dial-up connections.

    What's maybe even worse, you seem to feel real proud of yourself, showing no
    consideration for others.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, May 9, 2004