FA Ichi the Killer Region 3 NTSC DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Orlando, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Orlando

    Orlando Guest

    Orlando, Nov 25, 2003

  2. On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:18:26 -0500, "Orlando" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
    >Starting price only $1.99.

    Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
    version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
    free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
    justice.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Orlando

    terry king Guest

    In article <>, Mischa van
    Dinter <> wrote:

    "Orlando" <> wrote:
    > >Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
    > >Starting price only $1.99.
    > >

    > Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
    > version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
    > free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
    > justice.

    For those who might be interested - the uncut R1 disc just came out,
    though the supply from Media Blasters appears to be problematic. I got
    my copy from DVD Pacific last week, but they now list it as on order,
    as do the other online retailers I spot-checked. It isn't just this
    title, either; the Berserk box appears to have been pushed back a
    month.

    Terry King | The Celts sacked Rome before it became
    preacher mit edu | a competitive event. - Curt Marcus

    GSS/H v3.0 c++@ W++ N+++ M+$ t+ 5++ X++ R* b+++ DI++++ x? <*>
    DNRC: Sublime Guardian of Paradox, Anachronism, and the Absurd

    terry king, Nov 25, 2003
  4. "terry king" <0SP4M.edu> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Mischa van
    > Dinter <> wrote:
    >
    > "Orlando" <> wrote:
    > > >Up for auction on ebay is Takashi Miike's Ichi the Killer.
    > > >Starting price only $1.99.
    > > >

    > > Heavily and badly censored. About 15 minutes are missing from this
    > > version. Even some plot elements are missing. I gave this one away for
    > > free and bought the R2 Dutch version. This DVD does not do the movie
    > > justice.

    > For those who might be interested - the uncut R1 disc just came out,
    > though the supply from Media Blasters appears to be problematic. I got
    > my copy from DVD Pacific last week, but they now list it as on order,
    > as do the other online retailers I spot-checked. It isn't just this
    > title, either; the Berserk box appears to have been pushed back a
    > month.

    No way! Thanks for the heads up on this. I had no idea it was going to
    be released domestically. I've been interested in this film, so I'll keep
    an eye out for the DVD. Now we just need to get Battle Royale released over
    here....

    Aaron

    Aaron R. Schnuth, Nov 26, 2003
  5. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:09:34 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
    <> wrote:

    > No way! Thanks for the heads up on this. I had no idea it was going to
    >be released domestically. I've been interested in this film, so I'll keep
    >an eye out for the DVD. Now we just need to get Battle Royale released over
    >here....

    Bought that from Hong Kong ages ago. I am just waiting for the DVD
    release of Battle Royale II!

    When I saw the posters in the Tokyo subway, I wanted to see the movie
    even though I do not speak Japanese very well. I loved the first one!

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br1.jpg
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br2.jpg

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Nov 26, 2003
  6. "Mischa van Dinter" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:09:34 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > Bought that from Hong Kong ages ago. I am just waiting for the DVD
    > release of Battle Royale II!

    Me too. But I'd love a R1 release of the Special Edition.

    > When I saw the posters in the Tokyo subway, I wanted to see the movie
    > even though I do not speak Japanese very well. I loved the first one!
    >
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br1.jpg
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvandint/BR/br2.jpg

    Nice pics! Looks like the Japanese R2 release will be out next month,
    so hopefully a good korean or HK release with english subtitles isn't too
    far behind.

    Aaron

    Aaron R. Schnuth, Nov 28, 2003
  7. On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:38:14 GMT, "Aaron R. Schnuth"
    <> wrote:

    > Looks like the Japanese R2 release will be out next month,
    >so hopefully a good korean or HK release with english subtitles isn't too
    >far behind.
    >
    >Aaron

    Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I will be watching for that one!

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Nov 30, 2003