FA: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo Scanner - just released in March 2005

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ffbsensei@gmail.com, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am putting up the latest Epson Perfection 4990 photo scanner on eBay.

    I just won this at a tradeshow and it would seem that this would be one
    of the first units to the market place.

    Epson claims that this is 40% faster than previous models, and that it
    provides film scanner quality in the form factor of a flatbed scanner.

    Here's the link to the auction:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5175225950&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

    Here's the text of the auction:

    The Epson Perfection 4990 Photo flatbed scanner was JUST released in
    March 2005

    This is a brand new Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. This was just
    announced on Jan 12, 2005 at the Macworld Expo by Epson and this is one
    of the first units.

    Here is the link announcing the flatbed scanner:
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/EditorialAllAnnouncements.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&edcat=Scanners

    I won this at the trade show and it is brand new. Never been used or
    opened (other than to take the picture for this photo).

    This comes with the following:
    -Epson Perfection 4990 Photo Scanner with Digital Ice technology
    -8"x10" Transparency Unit
    -USB cable
    -Film holders

    Software
    - Epson Scan software and productivity software
    - LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast SE 6
    - Adobe Photoshop Elements
    - ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR
    - Epson Copy utility
    1 year warranty

    I've tried to look online for this scanner, but it seems like they
    haven't hit the distribution channel yet in North America.

    Here is a product review from the UK of the new Epson Perfection 4990
    Photo scanner:

    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson 4990/Page 1.htm

    Be one of the first in the United States to have this just released
    photo scanner which one reviewer called "the best scanner under $2,000"

    Here's from Epson's press release:

    ""The EPSON Perfection 4990 scanner is the ideal scanner for
    demanding professionals. It has a resolution and DMax that are
    comparable to many dedicated film scanners at affordable prices,"
    said Philip Amato, product manager, image capture products, Epson.
    "Users will find that these scanners also deliver the image quality
    of a film scanner with the versatility of a flatbed scanner."

    I thought this might be of interest for this discussion group.

    , Mar 17, 2005

  2. Tony Guest

    Re: Epbay Putrifacation Spewer repelled in March 2005

    Ebay abuse

    Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

    UseNet SPAM policy:

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Be sure to include all headers.

    Add one to

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    <> wrote in message

    Tony, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Guest

    Re: Epbay Putrifacation Spewer repelled in March 2005

    My apologies for posting an inappropriate FA message. I had done a
    search on your newsgroup and saw other FA messages and thought it was
    appropriate, clearly it was not.

    I don't post many FS or FA messages in general, so didn't realize the
    etiquette. I'll post my future fs or fa messages in the appropriate
    forum.

    , Mar 21, 2005